wanted original front driver side wing for W124 1985 - 1995

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’m going to buy a set of star shaped punches and make a fortune on these old wings :D

There was a OE new pair on the other day, when I looked for yours.
£400. I expect you've seen them already...

a111r I did see them and asked the question if he would split them up .But i will be in the same position i was when i had the new one from Mercedes of Newcastle,no material in the wheel arch bottom to fit the flap back on.They all seem to be cut out for the saco panel as it gets to the bottom of the wing it gets thinner, this is hid by the saco after its fitted . And the mud flaps that fit the saco is a lot nicer job . The seller told me a story about those 2 wings purchased and fitted at the dealers .But found they were the wrong ones .They were sent back after striping to be re primed and put back in to stock .This seller purchased a job lot of merc bits from them on the cheap including the wings .

will , you wont be able to, as we know all the stamps on the forum now .And just the place they are punched in to And by looking at the finished aftermarket wings they are like a part that a cave man knocked up with a stone hammer .I made a lots of car parts ,and as my job was to look after , and set the tools in the presses of a large press shop, with presses up to 1000 tons these stamps are in the tool that presses them out at the start, and not put in after its finished. The parts were for Rolls Royce ,Land Rover , Ford , Jaguar .May be thats the reason i am fussy .

will , you wont be able to, as we know all the stamps on the forum now .And just the place they are punched in to And by looking at the finished aftermarket wings they are like a part that a cave man knocked up with a stone hammer .I made a lots of car parts ,and as my job was to look after , and set the tools in the presses of a large press shop, with presses up to 1000 tons these stamps are in the tool that presses them out at the start, and not put in after its finished. The parts were for Rolls Royce ,Land Rover , Ford , Jaguar .May be thats the reason i am fussy .

Aaah, so its professional interest - fair enough.

Wouldn't you be more likely to find a genuine panel by trying to source it in Germany rather than from a UK seller?

Not sure of the best way to do this, but other forum members may have some pointers/contacts etc.

I would try Germany but to get them in one piece back to England is asking a bit much .
And as i said before it will only be the same if its not old stock .And god only knows why the cut the bottom of the wings down later on i will never know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom