Website Layout RFC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
Howdy!

So I've started doing work for the inevitable rally next year (I know I've been talking about this for the last 2 years - hopefully this will be the last year I talk about it!).

Saturday I'm going to see a few cars, but in the meantime I was getting antsy and decided to do some layout work... Image size is 720 pixels wide with that grey background (#666666) which means it should work all the way down to 800x600 monitors without distortion...

Any comments? I still haven't decided where the buttons will be nor what they will look like (I've shoved in some palm-trees to hold their place for now, but I'm thinking maybe a side-menu might be more appropriate. I wanted to use the "icons" at the top (the boarding pass, the map and the picture) as buttons, but I don't have enough...)

A missing link memo is the "private" area, which will be the compass on the bottom... I just haven't included it ;)

M.

all the palm trees look too similar and have the same sand line below all going same way (and thats all i could see)

looks good

Looks nice. The only thing I'd say is that the left hand edge of the "Boarding Pass" text is missing?

Cheers,

Gaz

all the palm trees look too similar and have the same sand line below all going same way (and thats all i could see)

looks good
Yeah, the palm trees are just placeholders while I figure out something better to put for the menu...

Looks vaguely familiar....

See http://www.xtgirls.co.uk/

The internet is just too small I tell yer, I'm running out of bits I havnt seen before. :D
I like that site! I like the idea of the rocks, might use something similar instead of the palm trees... on the side though.... The bug is a fantastic touch! Out of curiosity, what were you searching for when you found a site titles "XT Girls, Sexy Adventure" ? :p

Looks nice. The only thing I'd say is that the left hand edge of the "Boarding Pass" text is missing?

Cheers,

Gaz
Well spotted... unfortunately, the left hand edge is cut in the raw image I'm using... I'll need to find another boarding pass and scan it "in week"...

Keep 'em comming ;)
M.

Last edited:
I gave advice to them in the past as I'm a bit of a Tenere buff.

Have a look at some of their video's - with mechanical skill like this they're going to need an awful lot of luck to get across Africa.:eek:

Watch how they try to undo the crankcase bolts... they shear three before figuring it out.

Warning, swearing in this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAIu2R8ZL0A

A womans work is never done !!!!!!

Not with these two on the job.:rolleyes:

I gave advice to them in the past as I'm a bit of a Tenere buff.

Have a look at some of their video's - with mechanical skill like this they're going to need an awful lot of luck to get across Africa.:eek:

Watch how they try to undo the crankcase bolts... they shear three before figuring it out.

Warning, swearing in this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAIu2R8ZL0A

Cringe.... you're getting me worried! I'm trying to organise two teams; the primary (i.e. my team) will be composed of myself and a charming young lady who just happens to have never raised the bonned on a car in her life....

The second team (which isn't decided yet, they are still looking for funding) is composed of two neo-graduate mecchanical engineers... I have a feeling they may have a slight advantage :p

On a more "general" note - thanks to everyone's PMs. Needless to say, I will be wishing to put a MBCLUB vinyl somewhere on the car. Who do I need to ask permission to do that? I'll pay for the vinyl of course, I just need the permission of the forum owner to do so ;) I'll be frank and admit my ignorance... who do I ask for said permission?

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom