Welcome to Animal farm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not content of messages, just the fact that a message has been sent and the origination and destination addresses.

Pretty sure all the numbers of your land and mobile calls are registered already - they are just formalising the the registration of the emails etc that are transmitted.

Only wrong-doers need get excited.

Last edited:
Only wrong-doers need get excited.

Thats not the point. I don't want to be herded in with the "wrong doers".

But without the message how do they know, its pointless and a waste of money. I think we need more protection from our government than we do emails.

All a bit late unfortunately.

Like I said, the Govt are just aligning the internet with customary practice for other forms of communication.

On the upside, if someone was being stalked via the internet, wouldn't the possibility to track back a message to the origin be a benefit?

All a bit late unfortunately.

Like I said, the Govt are just aligning the internet with customary practice for other forms of communication.

On the upside, if someone was being stalked via the internet, wouldn't the possibility to track back a message to the origin be a benefit?

Thats what it is just now, but these measures will end up more draconian I fear.

Again, too late.

If... the plans are a formalisation of existing practice, imagine what already goes on to protect state security!

Everyone has an IP address which can already be tracked if it was required. All the government are really doing is letting people know that these measures can be used if necessary. We are already living under big brothers watchful eye. Too late to get upset now.
Read this to get a feeling of what we are already living with........
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECHELON

Last edited:
Best to think of the whole thing as another part of the trail everyone leaves behind them as part of life.

You get up, switch on the mobile, you buy something with a card from the CCTV monitored shop in the monitored shopping centre. You take your purchase to your car and drive down roads monitored by yet more cameras and devices.

We need to relax or give up and live in Antarctica or somewhere as remote.

the way i read it its a watering down of the previous proposal and as i wasn't particularly stressed about Big Brother getting access to my inbox at that point, its hard to get more so now.

wake me up when they start chucking innocent people in jail based on the powers outlined in the article.

oh and can you tell them to delete some of my junk mail whilst they are snooping in my email it takes me five minutes every time I log FFS.:wallbash:

What about spam ? and hijacked accounts . . . . I get emails from myself selling all kinds of things.
So we could be mixed up with the wrong doers and not even know it, till it's too late.

sTeVe

I would just LOVE to see their backup solution.

they will already be monitoring all this anyway, they just want to make it less labour intensive by getting the service providers to organise better for collection. saves time, manpower and ultimately, money.

Worry if you have something to hide, of complete and no consequence to those who have nothing to worry about.

It may be a big issue to some, but if it is, may i suggest you are not seeing the bigger picture.

What about spam ? and hijacked accounts . . . . I get emails from myself selling all kinds of things.
So we could be mixed up with the wrong doers and not even know it, till it's too late.

sTeVe

It sounds like your PC is infected with malware.
Trouble is most antivirus and even most antispyware programs dont effectively stop malware from infecting your PC.
I use the MALWAREBYTES program to keep nasties off my PC.
Not only is it very very good.......its free as well.
Download it here........
http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebyt...4572.html?part=dl-10804572&subj=dl&tag=button

Or, if you prefer, simply type in MALWAREBYTES into Google and pick the website called malwarebytes.org

Follow the on-screen instructions and first run a quick scan (a full scan takes ages usually doesnt find anything the quick scan finds).

This really does work and will restore corrupted machines back to a proper running order.

It won't be too long before we know more. Somebody will leave his laptop on the tube or a USB stick with a list of the top 100,000 subversives as seen by Gordon's Press Secretary.

It won't be too long before we know more. Somebody will leave his laptop on the tube or a USB stick with a list of the top 100,000 subversives as seen by Gordon's Press Secretary.
That's in the public domain already - see here ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom