Well the E320 cdi Estate is going.. I will truly miss her.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks.

I have never noticed any reflections in the windscreen. Only car I have ever noticed that on was our hire car Peugeot 107, then we bought a Toyota Aygo and that was the same, strangely both had black dashes but had a pattern in them, which is what you notice in the reflection.

they are cars that do tend to sell very well, and to the right kind of people if that makes sense?
Congrats on the sale and good luck to your daughter. :)

I totally agree on your comment about how well S211s sell! The dealer that took mine in part ex against the CLS had it sold within a day of taking it in!!! They had multiple enquiries the moment it appeared on their forecourt!! Makes me wonder if selling it was so wise! :D Great cars!

I have actually been offered £750 more than the price I am selling it for, mentioned to someone today that it was going and he said he would give me £750 more than I am selling it for.

So yeah, they do sell well!

Should just add, although obviously a little gutted, I would never back out of an agreement with the original buyer.

... I recommend the glass roof with black. It lightens up the interior...

Sadly, sliding roofs and I don't mix well. I need every available inch of headroom for my, er, head, so I'll need to maximize interior lightness (pardon the tortured phrase) by other means. ;)

I tried a Citroen C5 years ago that was almost undrivable because of reflections. My 'Oak'-interiored Volvo gets some but they're easily eliminated with polarizing sunglasses; only trouble then is that the fluorescent radio display disappears too, unless I tilt my head - not a problem with Mercedes LCDs!

Anyway, this thread isn't about me. As you were, chaps.

Sadly, sliding roofs and I don't mix well. I need every available inch of headroom for my, er, head, so I'll need to maximize interior lightness (pardon the tortured phrase) by other means. ;)

I tried a Citroen C5 years ago that was almost undrivable because of reflections. My 'Oak'-interiored Volvo gets some but they're easily eliminated with polarizing sunglasses; only trouble then is that the fluorescent radio display disappears too, unless I tilt my head - not a problem with Mercedes LCDs!

Anyway, this thread isn't about me. As you were, chaps.

You don't lose any headroom with the Panoramic Roof as it slides open outside of the car.

You don't lose any headroom with the Panoramic Roof as it slides open outside of the car.

The mechanism etc takes up room. I bet there will be less available. IMHO the E class has just enough head room standard, I wouldn't want less.

I agree about it being a great car !!

My dad collected his S211 around 8 years ago from the factory, I bought this off him recently (15 months) he still hasn't found a car that is his next keeper (using a ML320Cdi as a stop gap)

Ours is the IL6 and I have the D6 box also, 40 plus mpg and ability to carry and tow almost anything... Its great. I considered swapping for a newer model (sport 06 on) but ths ones been so good there is little point. Its almost the same car....

I think If I did swap it would be a S212 sport.

PS, how tall are you for a glass sunroof to cause a problem? I'm 6ft 2 and miles away from the roof even with the cover closed. The seats go very low. My next if a S212 would love the pano roof.

Good write up and nice car but i feel you are too young at 39 to be saying your days of m3's etc are over are you not?

WillDeBeest is in the market for an S211, you can't buy the estates with a panoramic roof.

The mechanism etc takes up room. I bet there will be less available. IMHO the E class has just enough head room standard, I wouldn't want less.

I have one and it really doesn't. I am 6ft and regularly carry a 6ft 4in guy in my car with no problems.

I see WillDeBeest wants an estate so it's a moot point but I would recommend a 211 saloon with a Pana Roof to anyone. I use mine all the time and I love it :thumb:

PS, how tall are you for a glass sunroof to cause a problem? I'm 6ft 2 and miles away from the roof even with the cover closed. The seats go very low. My next if a S212 would love the pano roof.

A bit more than that - 6'5" with the extra mainly in the torso, so headroom can be a problem. If there is any to spare, I prefer to use it to let me raise the seat cushion off the floor to get some support for my thighs. The S211s I've tried give me ample scope to do that, and that - to me - is worth more than a sunroof.

Back to the OP: which interior scheme is it on the car in the pictures? I've seen Palma Grey in some ads, and one Alpaca Grey, but dealers' pictures are usually of poor quality and taken in artificial light and often with on-camera flash so they tend to look brown even when I know it's black. If I want one like yours, what do I look for?

Good write up and nice car but i feel you are too young at 39 to be saying your days of m3's etc are over are you not?

Well maybe when I am off 9 points I may reconsider?? :D

developer215 said:
Great shots - did you change the COMAND unit - it looks like a 2.5 which was after 56 plate?

I'll just zip up me anorak.

More geekery, it's single CD (not available on uk cars until recently) and there is still the button below the hazard warning lights to lift up the fascia for the cd changer!

Great looking car, and lovely colour. Is that indium grey with alpaca?

Yet more geekery:

How do you lower the rear head restraints in that 211?

Mine has a button adjacent to the passenger seat heater but it isn't present in that car. Did MB drop that??

Great looking car, and lovely colour. Is that indium grey with alpaca?

Yeah it is.

The nappa leather has worn really well too, even the bolster is still matte looking....

e320_19.JPG

Yet more geekery:

How do you lower the rear head restraints in that 211?

Mine has a button adjacent to the passenger seat heater but it isn't present in that car. Did MB drop that??

They don't have that on the estate, no where for them to drop to.
They sort of fold down flat against the top of the seat instead.

They don't have that on the estate, no where for them to drop to.
They sort of fold down flat against the top of the seat instead.

That's cost cutting by MB, then. :dk: :( My 2005 211 estate does have a button to drop the headrests. The auto-release is also triggered automatically if a rear seat is released to be folded down.

A button to drop the headrest...

Pretty sure I have it and in 8 yrs doubt its been pressed....surely one of the most useless buttons / gadgets. I would rather have a cup holder

I have the cup holder!!

Although, obviously designed for LHD cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom