When is it time to say "goodbye"?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm on car number 11 now, and I've only been driving since December 2004.. they were all bought by myself and sold by myself.. and I've only had 1 accident in which the car failed on me.. :( and it was also FRENCH!!

Renault Megane 0 vs. Reduce Speed Now Sign 1

I managed to keep a Ford Focus for 1 whole year though! Then I got bored and wanted a V6..

Last edited:
hi guys those of you who read my first post will know this is my first experience of the MB marque. and touch wood been good all the way so far, have I been lucky
This is my total spend up to press---
about 3500 plus fuel---car runs well and is very tidy-- everthing works --maintenance service is nearly due.
when its time to say goodbye I hope its for an upgrade---e36 AMG ? wheres that lottery ticket

Attachments

• 1993 MERCEDES COUPE E320.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 8
A customer of mine today had his car fail an mot for emissions. New cat needed. Did not want to pay so has decided to get rid of the car. Oh its a 1998 E320 Saloon (210). All he wants for it is £1000 :eek: Open to offers :D:devil:

There can be no single right answer. It depends on so many variables, usage pattern and personal choice.

The biggest cost in terms of new and new-ish car ownership is depreciation, so in economic terms the frequent newer car changer will always tend lose out. Likewise endlessly forking out on repairs or mods to an older car you do not intend to keep is dead money as well.

Hence the concept that best VFM is buying a good quality 3+ year old you like well enough to keep for a while and then do so. But when you start to think it might be time to move on, it probably is!

A customer of mine today had his car fail an mot for emissions. New cat needed. Did not want to pay so has decided to get rid of the car. Oh its a 1998 E320 Saloon (210). All he wants for it is £1000 :eek: Open to offers :D:devil:

How rusty is it, what sort of knick etc?

How rusty is it, what sort of knick etc?
Wheel arches and a little under the door seals. Stonkin engine though and a very smooth gearbox. Over all it could be a very nice car. Aircon works, Leather is not scuffed etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom