Which fuel do you use in your merc?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well if I can’t feel it in a 612bhp car that gets a good dual carriageway run twice a day, then the margins must be insignificant. Just saying [emoji3][emoji106]
The differences vary, but you'd be surprised at how much is possible just from changing the fuel formulation. In a 612hp car, you have so much more power than needed for any legal road speed in the UK, it's no surprise that you can't tell the difference on the road. Though, I'm guessing you're talking about the difference between brands of super unleaded, which are more subtle. I'd struggle with that to be honest.

The high performance car I mentioned above was a V12 with only just over 500hp, so clearly much easier to detect in that... ;)

...I use BP in the hope that the additives keep the engine clean internally...

I am currently using Shell V-Power, but I was using BP Ultimate for a number of years before that (until the BP garage near my office closed-down...). As you say, it's all about the additives pack that keeps the engine clean :thumb: .

I use shell V power and have done for years now, in all the cars/bikes in the household. I would never put supermarket fuel in, purely on the stories I have read and friends have experienced.

Every car I have owned ( in the last 10 odd years I've always used shell premium fuel such as V power ) although I am surrounded by supermarket stns. Currently no personal car but that will change within the next month and this will be definitely have V power running through its injectors!

The recommendation for my car is 98 RON, plus given its state of mapping then I always try and use Shell 99, Tesco 99 and if desperate will top up with BP Ultimate 98.

Thank you everyone for your replies. I put a tank of Tesco Momentum 99 in the other day... car feels exactly the same to drive!
However with it being a 1.5litre petrol that’s probably to be expected!
Never had any problems with supermarket petrol or diesel so will probably stick to using that; can’t do the engine or the fuel system any harm to have a tank of ‘premium/super’ unleaded once in a while though. :) ⛽

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom