Which Model of AMG do you own?

Which Model of AMG Do You Own?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
C63
Incoming E53 all being well too.

Afternoon All, as a newbie I am posting to say I have never owned an AMG myself, but my dad did have a ‘96 E36 AMG.....lovely car, and very quick compared to the Volvo 850 he had before it!! Very fond memories.

:ttiuwp

I used to own a very rare W208.
It was specially ordered by a member of the Qatari royal family.

It was basically a CLK55 AMG with a very special designo paint, and the interior trim was in designo purple with very rare magic eye maple trim.
They literally retroffited the Elegance trim in designo to an AMG car which was very very rare.

ccllkk.jpgpict0013[1].jpgpict0021[1].jpgpict0029[1].jpg

Well, all being well, I should be getting my first-ever AMG very soon and it's been a long time coming so I'm super-hyped :D

CLK350 is not part of AMG lineup.

AMG line/sports maybe, ie using AMG styling.
I am told it's the only one, it's classed by Mercedes service as a amg, it says amg on the engine has a far superior suspension to my last clk 430

it is also a convertible, I have wrote to Mercedes in Stuttgart to find out more about the car

I am told it's the only one, it's classed by Mercedes service as a amg, it says amg on the engine has a far superior suspension to my last clk 430
Got any pictures of this rare "AMG"? Would be useful to see engine pictures.

Without reopening old wounds, your car is possibly AMG line, not an AMG. You may have the badges, the mats, the wheels, the bodykit, but its not an AMG. If there is a badge on the engine, its an aftermarket badge.
The only proper AMGs in the last 10 years have a 6.2n/a ,5.5biturbo , 4lt biturbo or 2.0lt turbocharged engine under the bonnet.

The latest C/E43's and E53 are badged AMG but have 3lt twin turbo or 3.0 straight 6 and hybrid lumps. The engines in the E53 are tuned by AMG but not handbuilt as the ones above.

The only CLK AMG models are the 55,63 ,63 Black Series and CLK DTM.
Post#292 above has it correct. Please check for yourself.
I too would like to see a photo of the engine.

Without reopening old wounds, your car is possibly AMG line, not an AMG. You may have the badges, the mats, the wheels, the bodykit, but its not an AMG. If there is a badge on the engine, its an aftermarket badge.
The only proper AMGs in the last 10 years have a 6.2n/a ,5.5biturbo , 4lt biturbo or 2.0lt turbocharged engine under the bonnet.

The latest C/E43's and E53 are badged AMG but have 3lt twin turbo or 3.0 straight 6 and hybrid lumps. The engines in the E53 are tuned by AMG but not handbuilt as the ones above.

The only CLK AMG models are the 55,63 ,63 Black Series and CLK DTM.
Post#292 above has it correct. Please check for yourself.
I too would like to see a photo of the engine.
Sounds right what you say AMG line/ styling, it certainly has different brakes and suspension, to my previous clk430

Trying to see what the overall demographic of AMG models the forum members own.
I own a mint sl55 MB05 SLR and a 125th Viano which is uber rare...above the AMG spec....does that count.
I can only submit one...?

I've just come to the dark side from a series of BMW's (E21 323, E30 325i, E36 M3, E46 M3 CS, M4, E91 335i touring was the most recent family car and a few different Porsche's and other marques) to own my first ever Merc a C63 Estate with PPP and LSD. It was the sound and sheer sense of drama that made me feel I had to have it. Now that I do own one, I absolutely adore it. What a car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom