Which one would you keep? S600 V12 TT or E55AMG W211?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Certainly surprised me too, I've had numerous S-class's and the 221 i thought felt cheap imho

Is it just me or do some whine more than others?

Off topic.

Different chargers have different whines but E55K stock chargers are pretty similar unless the exhaust / manifolds have been modified (usually louder after), or there is a problem with bearings!

Yes I’ve seen several M113Ks and they can sound slightly different. Some chirp more than others too!

This is why I enjoyed my old E55K so much. I enjoyed that stealth look. OK it had the badges and large quad exhausts but probably most thought they were for show. :D

Until the lights changed...

The one caveat I would add is that not all Mercedes are equal.

Theoretically, these things are "out there." In practice: not so much.

Especially for high performance cara and rarer colours.

Brilliant silver W211 diesel ? No problem sir.

Designo coloured E55K in the right configuration, mileage, and ownership profile: might never (sic) happen....

Sorry, but, in my experience, it's an important consideration.

You're so right! Like you said there's just so many things that a person wants on something rare, colour combination, mileage, how many owners ect and it's near impossible. I wouldn't want one if it was the colour combo I wanted but had high miles.

Definitely the S600 for me, maybe get it wrapped in your favourite designo colour, that blue would look very nice!

What a great idea!!! Thank you, how didn't I think of this before! There's me thinking what colour would I wrap it if I decided to change colours! Time to look into it and see if anyone can wrap a car in the same colour as the e55 designo I posted and see what it would cost. I paid £2200 to get my M3 wrapped 5/6 years ago. I wonder how much they'd charge for something as big as the s class?
Any recommendations where to go?

You're so right! Like you said there's just so many things that a person wants on something rare, colour combination, mileage, how many owners ect and it's near impossible. I wouldn't want one if it was the colour combo I wanted but had high miles.

What a great idea!!! Thank you, how didn't I think of this before! There's me thinking what colour would I wrap it if I decided to change colours! Time to look into it and see if anyone can wrap a car in the same colour as the e55 designo I posted and see what it would cost. I paid £2200 to get my M3 wrapped 5/6 years ago. I wonder how much they'd charge for something as big as the s class?

How about a topaz skin? They can do literally any colour you can think of but with a £10k price tag from what I’ve heard!

How about a topaz skin? They can do literally any colour you can think of but with a £10k price tag from what I’ve heard!
I was about to suggest the same. As the spray on finish is mixed then the colour can be matched (ie the same) colour, whereas wraps will always be the “closest” match available (ie similar, but not the same).

I have no information on pricing but it will be more expensive because it’s new and not widely available, and also because it’s Topaz which are known to be at the top of their game.

Is it just me or do some whine more than others?
Like this? :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I’ve posted that ^^ a few times but could watch it over and over again - what a sound!

^^ If you liked that, you should like this. Same engine slightly larger playground. My little project from 2015.

^^ If you liked that, you should like this. Same engine slightly larger playground. My little project from 2015.

The drivers must have nerves of steel when so much of the route appears to have no barriers. Not for the faint hearted, that’s for sure.

I'm not a rich man to spend £10k on a colour change :D..... I was thinking £2k - £3k max :)
The topaz skin you guys mention, is that the place where yannie from yannimize had his Lamborghini done from? If so, I agree that they do a great job, it's just too much for me though

Hi Sam, try MSLCustoms, they’ve done some great wraps and will be competitive on price.

Jules

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom