Who Built your AMG Engine?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They are only used on 03+ Super chargers, having two plates stuck on top of each other doesn't sound right at all. Probably a non AMG car perhaps.

Matthias Lutz built mine, ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457808057.074386.jpg

shame the mb private lounge doesnt give you info about the person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By pure coincidence, the engine in my current facelift E63 was built by the same man who built the engine in my previous PPP E63: Giuseppe de Giuseppe.

You folks do realise that the name plates are just randomly stuck on at the end of its production? I came across a CL55 AMG komp that had two differently named badges stuck on top of each other. Best guess that it failed Quality Control towards the end of the production line and was put back for "correction" .

do you know they're stuck on randomly for sure? Or was it a joke, or idea based upon having two stuck on?

I don't think the "one man one engine" thing improves the engine, it's performance, or reliability in any way. It's just a nice touch.

I suspect that in the early days it was sensible way of producing the engines for whatever reason, and so they decided to market it as it added to the special feel of the product, and makes it feel a bit more premium.

If you buy a bespoke suit from a traditional tailor, you know the tailor's name, and probably meet him or her too. Well AMG have recreated that feeling.

do you know they're stuck on randomly for sure? Or was it a joke, or idea based upon having two stuck on?

I don't think the "one man one engine" thing improves the engine, it's performance, or reliability in any way. It's just a nice touch.

I suspect that in the early days it was sensible way of producing the engines for whatever reason, and so they decided to market it as it added to the special feel of the product, and makes it feel a bit more premium.

If you buy a bespoke suit from a traditional tailor, you know the tailor's name, and probably meet him or her too. Well AMG have recreated that feeling.

I think it does add to the car. If one of them rushes stuff and it breaks then MB are going to know fairly quickly who is the issue and they will not be making the engines any more I guess.

Mine was handcrafted by Goeslieke Fuch.

Tobias Michalsky:

V1jdnSCq

80-81_1b2ec13bd8d044af0f77e0cff18ce5afe0e9c260.jpg

This is one signature that you have to get looking good!!! Not like my credit cards jheeeeeeeeeezzzzzz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom