Windows 7 crashing during antivirus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
My computer kept freezing during internet explorer 8 sessions. It also kept trying to install a Java update. I did an antivirus quick scan and it came up clear but when I did a full scan it kept crashes during the scan. The last time it gave me this C:\Windows\Minidump\083010-28609-01.dmp
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-75359-0.sysdata.xm but I'm lost now. any help anyone? Cheers

What antivirus you using mate?

Install Malwarebytes anti-malware and give it a scan, sounds like malware rather than a virus.

Let me know how you get on.

I'm downloading adaware at the mo-will that do the job?

There are known problems with Kasperski internet security and the 64bit version of windows 7 if this is relevant?

No I'm using Essentials and s2 bit windows ultimate. I managed to keep the pc on long enough to run adaware smartscan on it and that was clear. I'm now full a full files scan which might cause it to crash again. If that does finish ok then I'll try a full virus scan again and see if I can get to the end of that.

I had a similar problem and cured it by deleting Java and downloading the latest version. In my case the computer had tried to install an incomplete version of Java and by removing all the old Java files helped with the new install.

Computer has been trouble free since.

Agreed. Essentials is poor. Very basic. Malware bytes sees if your system's been infected by spyware/adware, it will check the start up as well.

Replace Essentials with NOD32, and run a scan on both malwarebytes and NOD32. Should pick up something.

Another vote for NOD32.

On a side note; I don't think it's a virus, but more likely that you have a Java file corrupted. Java lately has been... let's say problematic at best on all OS'es. Apple almost severed their relationship completely...

Either way, try uninstalling Java, reboot and see if your machine is more stable. If so, do a clean java install. If not, try using the restore system function, and restore to a previous state.

M.

Essentials found 3 java exploits in the user Java file. Then I read the Java website and it said watch out for java exploits!!!!! It seems to be working again at the mo! We'll see how it does tomorrow:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom