Wishbones

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alps

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E63s s213 2019, E55 2004 Silver-SOLD, E63 w212 Weistec AMG-SOLD, E55 2004-SOLD, C36 1997-SOLD
Well guys, i thought id share my findings in getting my wishbones replaced!

was hearing a crunching noise when stickng the car in reverse and braking, that was just the wishbone metal and ball joint moving and giving way.

well, went to the stealership and was quoted the following

197 + vat each for wishbones
27 + vat for ball joints
60 + vat per hour labour (4 hrs)

which gave a grand total of £830

so far ive bought the wishbones and ball joints and awaiting fitting by George fraser on saturday

£350 both wishbones and ball joints
approx £200 for fitting

total of £550

saving £280

:cool:

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!! just in time for the GTG !

Is it not cheper to have new bushes put in the wishbones rather than buy new wishbones? Need to sort my E300 (W210) out as one of the wishbone bushes is FUBAR.

Those prices for wishbones and ball joints are quite reasonable for genuine parts, we sell aftermarket equivalents for £120 for wishbones and £21 for ball joints. Just goes to show it is always worth trying the dealer, no matter how much we want to avoid them.

Very few people bother replacing just the bushes these days, much easier, quicker and profitable for the garage to replace the wishbones.

Our price for W210 wishbones is £115, I would be interested to know what price the dealer quotes you. (Always room for adjustment for an MBClub member;) )

Jimmy,
the parts are OEM but not from dealer! they were supplied from Bluestarmercedes in mancester who source from europe. they come in merc boxes and are the genuine things.

apparently the wishbones are mullered too as the worn ball joint has damaged the wishbone!

ok an update, had the wishbones fitted today, the old ones were in a dangerous state, didnt have my camara else id have a shot of how bad they were.!

finally met George, and found out that the guy i usually get my car done from has subbed to george when he is busy!

top guy, makes time for his customers, recommended!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom