Worn out pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A250 Bennyboy

Car
A Class A250 w176

Gets in my car this morning and gets this flashing up, only had car for three months, so trip to MB so they can replace pads FOC
And looking at my disc's these look like they are on the last legs if so they can also do these FOC

You have had the car three months...but it's not new?

How many miles on it?

Bought car on a 62plate 50tho on the clock. Asked if all was OK pads tyres etc.
And was told everything was OK on the last service ?
So not a happy chappie.

If everything was on the last service, and it's done miles since then when it was up for sale, then you bought it and have driven it for 3 months, I don't understand the problem, or why they're replacing anything FOC.

I'd also very much doubt that the garage would replace the pads & the discs FOC with 50k miles on it after 3 months of use.

Personally I'd take anything that any salesman told me about the condition of a used car with a pinch of salt and would always inspect this myself or have a third party carry out a check.
Doing this straight after purchase means you can drive the car straight back into them and either get them to refund the sale or rectify the fault.

The approved used warranty details should be very clear on what is covered and what is not.

I would do my research before storming the dealer's offices SAS style.

Consumable service parts that wears dependent on driving style? 3months ownership of
a s/h 4 year old car with 50k miles,and you have worn the pads down and want them
replaced F.O.C ? I would say no chance.

I thought part of the approved used deal is that you won't need servicing or tyres for at least 3 months / 3000 miles?

I thought part of the approved used deal is that you won't need servicing or tyres for at least 3 months / 3000 miles?

That is why I proposed having a look at the criteria first.

Total agree with all you guys sayin+!
Bu5 bought it on good faith it's got nowt wrong with it and MB Ashurst me all sound. Only done 1000 mole or abouts,
VW verses MB still out but VW just pipping it at the mo
MB not living it up for me, great car but service piss poor dudes , need get your A m G together dudes Brum Brum

Total agree with all you guys sayin+!
Bu5 bought it on good faith it's got nowt wrong with it and MB Ashurst me all sound. Only done 1000 mole or abouts,
VW verses MB still out but VW just pipping it at the mo
MB not living it up for me, great car but service piss poor dudes , need get your A m G together dudes Brum Brum

Righto.

Esperanto?

Sorry for last post was a bit drunk, and babbled on, spellings really bad hope you can make any sense lol

I know I'm asking a lot but worth an try. Only done about 1000 miles since picking it up.
If you don't ask you don't get. I'll let you all know how I get on.
I'm off to Wales for the weekend so need to get them sorted. Best take my bank cards with me when I call at the stealers
Cheers fo all replys and advice

martyz said:
Consumable service parts that wears dependent on driving style? 3months ownership of a s/h 4 year old car with 50k miles,and you have worn the pads down and want them replaced F.O.C ? I would say no chance.

I would also be amazed if they replaced consumables. Within 7 days would be hard enough. 3 months and your dreaming IMO. Although I hope you prove me wrong as that will be refreshing news from the trade.

Never got the chance to call in MB and have them sorted, I'm off Wales later and was wondering if I'd be OK to do this journey with pads low, it's roughly a 160 mile round trip, only other alternative is the wife's car, a Nissan Almer
Or whatever it's called.

Usually quoted 1000 miles 'normal' driving left once the pad wear light comes on. You should be fine, just don't go screaming up and down any mountain passes...

Thanks for that, thought it would give plenty of warning, but just needed reassuring cheers for the info and advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom