Yellow? Yes or no?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JamRocky

Car
Mercedes CL203 200CDI
Hey folks, hope everyone is well.

I’ve been looking at some early Boxsters as I was always mesmerised by them as a kid when the were a concept!

Anyway, I don’t want to spend a fortune, but get a half decent example. I’ve looked at Silver, blue and grey. I don’t want red or black because the paint suffers on the older ones. The dark blue as well, but there’s a lot of them and most are OK.

I saw this one though. A nice example, BUT it’s yellow. I actually like it. It reminds me of the 911 in the film Commando 😂

What do you guys think of the colour?? I’m still keeping the Mercedes, so it’s more of an occasional car, but I don’t want to feel a prat. I’m
drawn to it though 😬

Check it out Porsche Boxster S 986 3.2 Manual - Speed Yellow, 18" Twist wheels | eBay

Attachments

• 34C149A4-912A-48EE-AE9C-B05A91F6F2C4.jpeg
    34C149A4-912A-48EE-AE9C-B05A91F6F2C4.jpeg
    1,007.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 06689563-4A26-4CD9-A134-8C226A81C455.jpeg
    06689563-4A26-4CD9-A134-8C226A81C455.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 35
  • 36BB90C8-E59D-4897-9574-75CE50C5FC03.jpeg
    36BB90C8-E59D-4897-9574-75CE50C5FC03.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 32
  • 89D04C15-13E8-4E9E-BD54-220F0E6A8344.jpeg
    89D04C15-13E8-4E9E-BD54-220F0E6A8344.jpeg
    1,002.6 KB · Views: 35
Just to add to this Porsche's of that era were still owned by the vw audi group were they not?

The early yellow colour was prone to fading. Looks similar to the yellow Skoda and Seat used [skoda lemon yellow] [seat ovni yellow] and these were prone to fading so you may not be safe with that yellow as looks v similar to my untrained eye

I think Yellow suits it actually :)

Just to add to this Porsche's of that era were still owned by the vw audi group were they not?

The early yellow colour was prone to fading. Looks similar to the yellow Skoda and Seat used [skoda lemon yellow] [seat ovni yellow] and these were prone to fading so you may not be safe with that yellow as looks v similar to my untrained eye
I genuinely don’t know… I’m not expecting perfection by any measure. It’s almost the cheapest way to get into a modern Porsche and I think prices on the early ones will rise before too long

I genuinely don’t know… I’m not expecting perfection by any measure. It’s almost the cheapest way to get into a modern Porsche and I think prices on the early ones will rise before too long
You need confidence to own a yellow car.

If you can take the flack and dont mind people saying remarks such as....

Oh you starting a mobile salon then buy it.

If that will annoy you then don't 🤣

You need confidence to own a yellow car.

If you can take the flack and dont mind people saying remarks such as....

Oh you starting a mobile salon then buy it.

If that will annoy you then don't 🤣
I had a TT at one point… I’ve heard all that 😂… Changed their tune as a passenger though. It was a Mark 1 hardtop Quattro dyno’d at 399bhp.

I had a TT at one point… I’ve heard all that 😂… Changed their tune as a passenger though. It was a Mark 1 hardtop Quattro dyno’d at 399bhp.
My friend has a 225 mk1 hardtop in Nogaro Blue parked in his garage 😎

Looks good in yellow. Appears to be strong money though for a high mileage car. You would be better off waiting until the bleak mid winter to buy a car like this. Much less demand for a cheery convertible sports car then. You also really need to view in person to see if it is worth the asking price, check the panel gaps, look for signs of overspray etc etc. Best of luck.

Yes, I said 399bhp… how annoying is that figure

Looks good in yellow. Appears to be strong money though for a high mileage car. You would be better off waiting until the bleak mid winter to buy a car like this. Much less demand for a cheery convertible sports car then. You also really need to view in person to see if it is worth the asking price, check the panel gaps, look for signs of overspray etc etc. Best of luck.
Great advice and I’m in no rush. I certainly wouldn’t pay what they are asking and a viewing is a must… sort of. I just thought I’d ask peoples thoughts on the colour. I’m happy to have mechanical work done if the body is straight. There’s a lot of insurance write off repaired Boxsters.

I'd be put off not by the colour, but because the IMS bearing wasn't replaced while the gearbox was out. As they were 'inspecting' it, how much extra would it have cost to replace it?

Like the colour 👍
Not so keen on the rot in the rear arches👎

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom