Yellow? Yes or no?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My son-in-law has a bright yellow SLK, with yellow and black leather interior.

I had a Lime Yellow Saab 93 convertible, so in answer to post #1, it’s a yes from me...
Lime Yellow is a beautiful colour on a Saab.

My lad had (until recently) a tricked-out Octavia vRS in yellow (black roof and mirrors) - looked the business, and the paint was OK if you looked after it.
I like little sports cars in yellow.
There was 2 yellows

Upto 2006 was lemon yellow

After 2006 was sprint yellow [more vibrant]

They changed to sprint yellow as the lemon yellow was prone to fading.

I do like a vRS i have had 2 fabia vRS and a mk1 Octavia vRS

This was my lemon yellow fabia20150317_210221_IMG_3141.JPG20160802_192319_IMG_2102.JPG

Either the yellow is popular or there’s a conspiracy to get me to buy something silly 😜
What does it matter? If you like it and the rest of the car is acceptable then that is surely the only important factor here?

Snap, Jase, used to have a Yellow Fabia vRS bought new in 2003, kept it 3years, absolutely cracking car, probably the car that started the Hot diesel craze. 🙂👍
I loved mine. Was very quick had it up around 220bhp with a hybrid turbo on it.

Was very quick for an old donkey

If you are in the market looking for Boxster have a peek at Mortimers Prestige over at Billingshurst. Always have a good selection in the Matt knows his stuff.

At this age and mileage, it will be like driving a time bomb if the IMS bearing has not been changed. If it goes, the car is probably a write off. So allow £1500/2000 off the price to have it done properly. PS I like the colour!
Thank you. It’s not going to happen, because of the very reason you mention. The car, for its age, is priced relatively high and the IMS is a must. I’m in no rush, but I was drawn to it, because it reminded me a little of this 911 from the film Commando 😂... It mesmerised me as a kid …

Attachments

• B957346D-7310-4BEA-AE2A-C63C9C7260AC.jpeg
    B957346D-7310-4BEA-AE2A-C63C9C7260AC.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 1
Normally I'd run a mile from yellow but on that car I think it works. Like in Fiat Coupe's. Maybe some of the early press cars were yellow? As SLK's were IIRC.

Anyway it's a 3.2 S with the right wheels. Tick.

IMS not done though. Big cross.
I know what you mean! I’ve seen a bunch of 3.2 S with different wheels and I’m like NOOOOOOOOO

Quite the opposite in fact.
General consensus seems to be that at high mileage, if it hasn’t gone it will be fine. When they go it’ll have happened at a much lower mileage.
Check the service history and if it’s had regular oil changes it’ll probably be ok. Probably.

I got mine done as a precaution.
I think I’d have to get it done. Driving it and always worrying is not fun 😬

Woah! Iconic!
Would be now.....but when I had it, it was a cheap, expensive to run, slightly worn car.....but great fun to drive (but a pig to overtake in what with them all being LHD)!!....it was before they gained classic status....I bought it from the dealership I worked at for the price I gave for it. Its plate does not come up on DVLA checker now....so I guess it finally biodegraded back to its basic elements!....its was well on its way when I owned it!!! One of about 10 cars I wish I still had.....like everyone else of a certain age I guess!

Would be now.....but when I had it, it was a cheap, expensive to run, slightly worn car.....but great fun to drive (but a pig to overtake in what with them all being LHD)!!....it was before they gained classic status....I bought it from the dealership I worked at for the price I gave for it. Its plate does not come up on DVLA checker now....so I guess it finally biodegraded back to its basic elements!....its was well on its way when I owned it!!! One of about 10 cars I wish I still had.....like everyone else of a certain age I guess!
It was one of my dream cars, but having been introduced at an early stage of my driving career to the joke steel Italian cars of a certain era were made of, I quickly talked myself out of the Delta and others like it. Shame really, but at least you can give Fiat and Lancia top marks for producing cars that were self-recycling.

It was one of my dream cars, but having been introduced at an early stage of my driving career to the joke steel Italian cars of a certain era were made of, I quickly talked myself out of the Delta and others like it. Shame really, but at least you can give Fiat and Lancia top marks for producing cars that were self-recycling.
Mate of mine has an Evo 2. Lovely car and worth a lot of money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom