10.25 screen.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It is plug and play, but some cables from the HU to the screen could be little difficult to pull.
Otherwise is it is quite easy
Here is some pictures of my install
10,25 Android

Does the W205 have the tablet type unit today?

Also, what is your definition of plug and play? You will need to remove the centre console to get to the back of the Audio 20 unit and to feed the cables etc. There is no cutting of wires etc, so it is reversable, but its not like you just remove the old screen and plug in a new one.

Thread here shows the install. The unit is one of the older 1st generation ones though, so ignore some of the interface and connection issues. Aftermarket 9.33" Android Screen Install Guide + Photos - MBWorld.org Forums

Hi

I bought and fitted one of these over the weekend. My reviews are abit mixed to be honest. An absolute nightmare to install as cables are bulky an finding room is very challenging. I went for the 4gb,64gb rom version and it's fast enough.

Some things work better than others. Sound is a pain, not great as AUX port is used. There is a hissing sound in the background so I ordered a ground noise isolation adaptor. Hopefully that'll make a difference.

The two questions I have for current users are, hopefully Someone here can help:

1. How did you secure the unit? Currently it's just some tabs behind the screen which it slides into. Very easy to remove as it is, as I find mine shakes when going over unsmooth surfaces.
2. Has anyone managed to get AMG boot logo? If so, where did you get the image file from?

Thanks
Faisal

Hi

I bought and fitted one of these over the weekend. My reviews are abit mixed to be honest. An absolute nightmare to install as cables are bulky an finding room is very challenging. I went for the 4gb,64gb rom version and it's fast enough.

Some things work better than others. Sound is a pain, not great as AUX port is used. There is a hissing sound in the background so I ordered a ground noise isolation adaptor. Hopefully that'll make a difference.

The two questions I have for current users are, hopefully Someone here can help:

1. How did you secure the unit? Currently it's just some tabs behind the screen which it slides into. Very easy to remove as it is, as I find mine shakes when going over unsmooth surfaces.
2. Has anyone managed to get AMG boot logo? If so, where did you get the image file from?

Thanks
Faisal

I am sad that you have some issues.
I have the Burmeister audio and do not have the issues with the hissing sound.( Try to go to the sound options, and do some adjustmenst there)
1. It should be two screws behind the screen to secure it with behind a small cover
2. I got the AMG Logo trought an update ( i will check if i got the files)

Could you please check wich version you got?

Attachments

• InkedIMG_7034_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_7034_LI.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 36
I am sad that you have some issues.
I have the Burmeister audio and do not have the issues with the hissing sound.( Try to go to the sound options, and do some adjustmenst there)
1. It should be two screws behind the screen to secure it with behind a small cover
2. I got the AMG Logo trought an update ( i will check if i got the files)

Could you please check wich version you got?
Brilliant. Thanks. I would really appreciate the logo file.

I will look at the screws. It wasn't part of the instructions from seller but that's great advice. Thanks

Hi

Thanks
Faisal

1. You remove the covers on the back and it will allow you to screw it in place, screws come with the kit, but you can also get security screws if you wish.
2. Yes someone has got the AMG logo and loaded it. The boot animation files are at https://mbworld.org/forums/attachme...-android-headunit-installed-bootanimation.zip

It is a bit tight to fit, but not that bad, and the W212 is a lot easier than the W207 unfortunately. Takes about an hour from start to finish to install once you have done it once.

On the hissing side, this usually means the cable is routing past something causing interference. I had it on one install I did where I went through the centre console past the gear lever. Re-routed it to go behind the carpet down the centre tunnel and into the cubby that way. Did mean extending it, but it eliminated the interference. Others I have done it on have been fine down the centre so not consistent. I did try a ground noise isolator which did work, but dropped the volume significantly. Re-routing worked much better.

1. You remove the covers on the back and it will allow you to screw it in place, screws come with the kit, but you can also get security screws if you wish.
2. Yes someone has got the AMG logo and loaded it. The boot animation files are at https://mbworld.org/forums/attachme...-android-headunit-installed-bootanimation.zip

It is a bit tight to fit, but not that bad, and the W212 is a lot easier than the W207 unfortunately. Takes about an hour from start to finish to install once you have done it once.

On the hissing side, this usually means the cable is routing past something causing interference. I had it on one install I did where I went through the centre console past the gear lever. Re-routed it to go behind the carpet down the centre tunnel and into the cubby that way. Did mean extending it, but it eliminated the interference. Others I have done it on have been fine down the centre so not consistent. I did try a ground noise isolator which did work, but dropped the volume significantly. Re-routing worked much better.

Thanks very much for the logo link.

My ground noise isolator is here waiting at home, so will try it once I finish work. I have also ordered a longer cable as I like the idea of rerouting it.

I will be shortly changing to a 2015 E-Class Coupe (C207) which has Comand but like the look of one of these. This is to be on a PCP scheme, would it be difficult to put Comand back in and does anyone know of a fitter in South East UK? I'd be useless!

Does anybody know, can the software be updated after purchase? By that I mean there are Android 7.1, 8.1 & 9.1 for sale, can a 7.1 be updated similar to my Samsung phone, or are we stuck with what we get?
Thanks in advance.

All of the 10.25" versions are the same version of Android, the suppliers keep changing the buildprop file to make them read as newer versions so that they are compatible with apps. There are multiple versions of the launcher app which is the interface and that depends on the car and supplier.

It can be updated when the supplier releases a new version, these tend to be model specific bug fixes though.

Price is in the right ball park. Remembering there are all of the taxes to be added as it is imported of course.

As this is going in a C class, have you investigated how it is going to incorporate sound? Seen some which are connected via bluetooth with very poor outcomes. Others have required an additional USB connector instead, but often not in the box from these Chinese suppliers.

Not as up to speed with the C class, just helped out on some of the forum threads om MB World. If you haven't I'd suggest to go and read those threads for your specific model to get the full detail on what you need.

I fitted the brand new released 10.25 screen last week the one with the rounded edges with the higher spec into my w212/s212 estate. It was a pain to fit due to the size of the connection blocks but i got there in the end and it Cost me £446 + £31 customs charge from Aliexpress and its the best modification i have done its extremely quick with all steering wheel and knob functions working.

I also fitted a Apple Car Play dongle again from aliexpress and as soon as the iphone is plugged in the screen changes to apple car play with full apple music and album covers and also full Waze maps or google maps also available to use including speed limits something my standard Mercedes sat nav did not have its really amazing.

Fitting wise i did not want any wires showing as there is 2x USB connections included via a extension wire so i ended up buying a twin USB extender and fully removed the whole center console. I then connected the cables and drilled out a small hole in the centre compartment box and fitted everything under the centre console so everything now looks factory fitted

If anyone is considering purchasing the unit don't hesitate its Brilliant and well worth every penny

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for sharing your experience. I, too, am interested in having one in my c300h from december 2016. However, I am like Wenglish1984, and do not want any cable hanging due to the dongle. I thought it should be possible to get the cable through to the compartment under the arm rest and Wenglish1984 did it :) Well done.

However, i am not that confident is doing such things myself and I am wondering if any one of you would know a garage, preferably in the north west, who would do such modification.I doubt a Mercedes garage would accept to do it.

Thanks a lot for your recommendation.
Best regards

Hi
Has anyone bought from CKMCardesign? Is the screen different than buying from the other sources mentioned in this thread ?

I bought mine from Chris, but that was in the very early days. Basically he is a broker for carlife-mall.net and use their firmware etc. So if you can go direct to them then I would as it will be cheaper and you will have the same source for firmware's etc. There is plenty of community support for them now as well.

don't wanna open a new one. got a few questions:

- buying this from ali exxpress seems a bit af risk isn't it? and if we go this way there are so many models; which one to choose?
- one important thing for me would be to have 4G SIM usable. being made in china is there a risk to not have 4G data? i asked few suppliers but no clear answer;
- last but not least: is this google play unlocked? i wanna install waze, youtube, apple music, spotify, netflix and all... will this be possible? being a china manufactured, which is known to have limitations on this side.

don't wanna open a new one. got a few questions:

- buying this from ali exxpress seems a bit af risk isn't it? and if we go this way there are so many models; which one to choose?
- one important thing for me would be to have 4G SIM usable. being made in china is there a risk to not have 4G data? i asked few suppliers but no clear answer;
- last but not least: is this google play unlocked? i wanna install waze, youtube, apple music, spotify, netflix and all... will this be possible? being a china manufactured, which is known to have limitations on this side.

Morning mate What vehicle will it be going into ? Regarding 4g data they seem to be working fine with all UK sims

with regards to WAZE etc you just need to buy a dongle and you then have access to either apple car play or android auto which will give you access to Spotify WAZE google maps etc etc

morning ;)

the car is a W212 with NTG4

as for dongles and stuff i'd like to avoid them.

apple car play would be nice but with a unit like this i wouldn't see the use of it. i was hoping that the actual unit is able to connect to google play and download whatever app i need from there.

the idea is to leave the phone out of my range completely :) although still not clear how hands free phone connection will be? via NTG4 or via android screen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom