124 Works - Good service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wigs_1

Car
98 C240 Sport
Thought I'd share my experience at 124 Works on Monday.

I went in to get an oil leak fixed and a misfire looked at on my C240.

Oil leak was fixed (properly this time, unlike the previous cr**py job by the local stealership). 300 miles later and not a drop has leaked out.
Misfire diagnosed as a Lambda sensor on its way out.

I also enquired as to the health of my water pump which was confirmed as knackered. Despite the very short notice I was able to get this fixed as well!

Anyway

Thanks to Ian for an excellent service and taking on the water pump at short notice. Not only this but also putting up with me standing around all day watching / chatting / occasionally "helping" when a 3rd hand was required.

Also, thanks to John (Trapperjohn?) who kept me topped up with cups of tea and collected all the last-minute spares from Eurocarparts some 20 miles away, without whom I'd have not got home till the following day.

Excellent service, good value, very friendly and well worth the visit.

Thanks Guys

Chris

search the archives then

Have you also got the name undeckedhomer on the other forum? Is this obsession with bad mouthing or constantly bringing negativity now continuing with you on this forum?

You don't seem so 'big' as your name suggests, you actually seem quite small, especially in your maturity level.

Last edited:
Have you also got the name undeckedhomer on the other forum? Is this obsession with bad mouthing or constantly bringing negativity now continuing with you on this forum?

You don't seem so 'big' as your name suggests, you actually seem quite small, especially in your maturity level.

How come only good reviews of 124works are allowed?

'big john' has had his say plenty of times and has posted his thoughts. He does not really seem active on the forum other than to knock Ian. Some of us are bored of his cyer-bullying.

Its not that only good reviews are allowed, businesses do bad jobs as well as good ones, but where it's a constant and persistent dig that does nothing positive then its a little tedious. The strange thing is the tolerance of this forum as opposed to the other Mickey Mouse owners association, where, for defending a fellow member and friend I ended up getting banned (big loss to me that was :D) - though to say honestly, this forum is much better both in terms of members generally and advice.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

cos most of them ore freinds of freinds who havet used or know 124 and if you look at the people who say oh wot a good job i had done then look at where they live the other side of the country or you get recomedations for him and they live in scotland i never bad mothed ian on this post whats so ever but the ian walker fan club rared its head up as normal i said just look at the archives and mr nw merc little man i very much doubt it see your all mouth on line another one wh never uses 124 but says he dose as do a lot of members who say they do why you lie i dont no but sad realy not going to bad mouth ian many b4 me have done that my personel experience is that i would never evor use him again thing is as him to show you his qualifcations ??? he has none never worked for merc and was a body shop man in the army not wot his frofile says i seen for myself a statment of wot he can and cant do and it was a statement he wrote for court so i let you make your own mineds up like i said i aint the only one whos had bad workmanship nor and i the last problem is that not all people are on the forum and tom many are ashamed to say they beiung used

cos most of them ore freinds of freinds who havet used or know 124 and if you look at the people who say oh wot a good job i had done then look at where they live the other side of the country or you get recomedations for him and they live in scotland i never bad mothed ian on this post whats so ever but the ian walker fan club rared its head up as normal i said just look at the archives and mr nw merc little man i very much doubt it see your all mouth on line another one wh never uses 124 but says he dose as do a lot of members who say they do why you lie i dont no but sad realy not going to bad mouth ian many b4 me have done that my personel experience is that i would never evor use him again thing is as him to show you his qualifcations ??? he has none never worked for merc and was a body shop man in the army not wot his frofile says i seen for myself a statment of wot he can and cant do and it was a statement he wrote for court so i let you make your own mineds up like i said i aint the only one whos had bad workmanship nor and i the last problem is that not all people are on the forum and tom many are ashamed to say they beiung used

may i suggest an edit so we can understand this post please.

:rolleyes:

If the archives were to be searched Big John. People would miss the fact that you claimed to be Big John from "Chorley" on this forum when in fact you are Big John from Blackpool and lived no where near Chorley. People would also miss the fact that on this forum you initially stated that you drove a different car to the one you actually owned and drove.
Your spittle and bile is unleashed from time to time on this forum and generally in one direction only. On the Owners Club Forum you described this forum as being the Bully Boys Forum. Yes that’s right this forum is occupied by bully boys at least that is what you said on the Owners forum.
Well lots of members on this forum are members of the other forum too. So we watch your antic’s with as stats007 says, "yawn"
Yes, we know you as dyslexic as your wife posted this fact on the other forum. So, we understand the flow of your posts may be different from other people’s posts, but setting out to lie about your car and where you are from has nothing to do with dyslexia. Sir Richard Branson I believe has dyslexia (sorry if I’m wrong Sir Richard) and he is one of our most respected business heads. So perhaps Big John you could give it a rest. Oh, you refer to me as one of Ian’s groupies (on the other forum). I think I prefer the title of friend and customer.

From what I can see, Ian "may" have made a few mistakes in the past, but like everyone else, he has learnt from this and made things better. He seems to get raving reviews these days so thats how he should be measured, not on his past.

And I would say the same on the other side, even though I am a mod on there...

.......................and breathe.

Enough is enough.
Thread now closed.
May I suggest that:

1) Members who do not wish to view another member's posts, use the 'ignore' facility.

2) Threats are not welcome on the forum, from anybody. Please remember this in future, or action may be taken.

Please let it be understood that I am in no way taking sides with any of the parties in this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom