2006 C180k engine and box £1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
To many of these rogues on ebay report him ! I'm sure law states he can not withdraw sale due to price.

For the delivery or the engine?
I suppose technically the engine is mine now so for him to try and sell it would be unlawful.
He is quite a rude seller who has said that the engine is now damaged so has offered a refund.

Don't take the refund, say you'll take the engine as this is the price it was auctioned at...... :devil:

Simplest thing then would be just to put a negative feedback comment after you get your refund......

Negging someone over an obvious mistake would be really petty, don't you think?

If it was the other way around would you let your £1000 item for for a quid?

I would not be so naive to let the listing run the entire course, let somebody bid, pay for the item and then suddenly realise my mistake. There have been auctions which have been pulled much, much earlier........ The answer to your question is no......... it may seem petty, however, you suddenly realise what the item is worth and so are unwilling to let it go at that price which it was originally listed for? That is unfair to the buyer.

its pretty obvious what he's done.

he has listed at £1.00

he then gets emails asking how much you want for it, and he says £1000. buyer buys it and he doesnt have to pay final value fees on £1000.

He should have put it at £1 with a £1000 reserve as bids, but hey ho.

He doesnt deserve negative feedback. This is his business - why do you want to ruin it pointlessly - You bidded deliberatly, knowing that it was never on sale for a £1.00. A negative feedback at the top of your profile can really affect ebay sales and could cost this guy hundreds of pounds of lost sales, just because you want to play silly buggers.

This is typical why melicious bidding is a serious problem on ebay and now sellers cant even leave bad buyers negatives. also if you neg him he is likely to put a non paying bidder form and and then give you a NPB strike.....

ask him for a Pos. if you get one, give the guy one back, so you both benefit.

Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh but as a seller myself who has had issues with the new feedback system, i cant follow this thread and see you leave the poor guy a negative without putting in my 2 pence worth.

Last edited:
Point taken, that seems a very fair option, but depends on whoever bid on it. Wasn't me by the way :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom