2007 C55 Estate, laundry list

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Dammit, I think we've had a conversation via email from your PH thread. I've just bought a late 04 c55 estate and its away at the garage for its first fettle. Nothing as dramatic as yours I sincerely hope, you've been through the ringer and that's for sure. I've driven it a little and its a nice car to drive. You miss airmatic a little but I can forgive it that. Goes well enough and returns 10% better mpg than the e55.
Ours is my wife's daily transport so we shall see how it goes.

It's driving really nicely now, thoroughly nice place to spend time.

On which note - I think one of the previous owners had a Road Angel hard wired in, hence the blanking plate now fitted:

30912651838_713ec1d2fa_b.jpg

So I've picked up a replacement and will fit it in due course:

44064006914_e8d8618e8c_b.jpg

If anyone has a guide to how to do this they could point me too that would be appreciated.

Can I be so rude as to ask how much you paid for the trim piece? Mine is scratched so needs wrapping or replacing.

Thank you.

Bruce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dammit, I think we've had a conversation via email from your PH thread. I've just bought a late 04 c55 estate and its away at the garage for its first fettle. Nothing as dramatic as yours I sincerely hope, you've been through the ringer and that's for sure. I've driven it a little and its a nice car to drive. You miss airmatic a little but I can forgive it that. Goes well enough and returns 10% better mpg than the e55.
Ours is my wife's daily transport so we shall see how it goes.
Hello!

Crikey, they can't be that special. £7 for 4 screws!
Had mine back, nothing too drastic, new alarm siren, rear wash pump, various suspension arms and bushes, heater valve adjusted and greased. Now has a clear STAR printout. We shall see for how long.

In terms of maintenance I've got the RMS (which I've held off on, hoping that it's oil from above as the rockers were weeping) and the exhaust fixings "are a bit too rusty" left. Nov 12th for the wheel-arch de-rusting, then hopefully we're fine for the future.

I object to paying £7 for 4 screws, hence asking if anyone knows the thread - if so I'll get some rather less spendy fixings!

They appear to be M5. I'm considering Helicoiling this plastic insert as I don't like how loose the threads are:

43914574365_0d04dc4fe1_b.jpg

Anyone got another suggestion before I drill and tap the boot of my car?

Unfortunately I have to use the four screws as that's OEM, and I'm a lunatic. So I must fix them.

In other news, I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow:

44106754914_c751db1dc9_b.jpg

44777179852_7b4de79ed1_b.jpg

Err hate to point out, you might need, err, just maybe, the other wheel..

I've just had new plates put on the CLK and at the back had a similar issue. However over here ALL number plates are permanently riveted onto the vehicle using blue and white rivets so you end up with an OEM near-invisible fixing.

Looking good. The W/S203 with AMG styling is getting even better looking as it ages.

I notice the gear selector has lost it's emblem (just as mine has) I bought an AMG one online and just stuck it on top for now , looks a bit crap but I couldn't be bothered to strip it all out and fit it properly. Besides I don't think AMG is OEM on the gear selector.

What was it from the factory ? 3 pointed star in silver on a gloss black or the 'older' version ?

Any pictures anyone ?

I can't find a picture that shows a logo on the shifter that doesn't appear to be aftermarket, interesting question - did they deffo have a logo when new?

Mine is just a silver top, no logo. Was keyless entry/go an option? That's the only other thing I'd have thought would differ.

I have seen used C55's in adverts , some have had the coloured Affalterbach logo put on the gear selector (looks pants) and some have 3 pointed star.

All are available to buy online but still would like to know what came as stock....Anyone ?

^^^^ The car on p46 does not appear to be an AMG (seats , instruments) and the gear selector in my car is of a different design to that one. I agree though it was probably the high gloss black with the silver 3 pointed star as standard.

oh, and my steering wheel is on the opposite side to the one shown in the picture :p

If I want to use the "AUX" input that the Comand system shows to be possible, how do I connect to it - do I need an additional cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom