2011 SLK Spy Shots - SLS style nose

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
2011 SLK Spy Shots

New spy photos of the 2011 Mercedes-Benz SLK reveal more about the car than we have seen from pictures of previous prototypes wearing plastic panels (aka body armour). The new images show a car that shares some styling with the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG.

Amongst the commonalities are the SLK's nose, with comes to a rounded bulge at the front. The grille seen here is very similar to the SLS, with a single horizontal bar interrupted by the placement for the company's iconic three-pointed star. As photographed, the Mercedes-Benz SLK looks to have been painted in Metallic Palladium Silver, an optional color already available. Against the current generation, the next roadster will have different side mirrors, with black tape covering up the point where indicators might exist.

Camouflage makes it difficult to see what the headlight shape will be, but it is safe to say that it will be more conventional than the extended round triangle shape of the current version. The SLK's bumper is a bit large, including plenty of black mesh, and placement for LED daytime lights.

Hopefully, even more revealing photos of the 2011 Mercedes-Benz SLK will surface soon...

996478249.jpg

1486370.jpg

5105548.jpg

3752819.jpg

9794616.jpg

6007826.jpg

I suspect that the taller, rounder, nose is to provide enhanced pedestrian impact performance but it does absolutely nothing for the profile of the car :(

hello gents...

i really was loking fwd to the the new slk at some point. however, as per more recent line ups.. i am feeling more and more, that mercedes are no longer the marque of choice on most of their cars...
The only reason i can see of wanting a new one is purely for lower depreciation aspect.,,, and even this is not as great as it once was...

ahhh...when will they come out with an iconic timeless body shape within reach of most budgets and something tat is inspirational..

The New E class really is the most boring mercedes to hit the road in years!

this SLK is giving me hunches of the dullness!!

hello gents...

i really was loking fwd to the the new slk at some point. however, as per more recent line ups.. i am feeling more and more, that mercedes are no longer the marque of choice on most of their cars...
The only reason i can see of wanting a new one is purely for lower depreciation aspect.,,, and even this is not as great as it once was...

ahhh...when will they come out with an iconic timeless body shape within reach of most budgets and something tat is inspirational..

I see your point Boss but times are changing, I wouldn't call the new E class boring, its a very good car that's more than capable of giving the ugly F10 a run for its money.
I also see your point on the depreciation side of things, but MB needs to be more mainstream to compete with Munich's and Ingolsdat's (sp) finest.
If your so worried about depreciation then hold on to your old SLK.
I don't see the E as dull, but the interior is a let down unless you get it with lighter leathers.
Just wait till the SLK comes out I think it will be great.

I see your point Boss but times are changing, I wouldn't call the new E class boring, its a very good car that's more than capable of giving the ugly F10 a run for its money.
I also see your point on the depreciation side of things, but MB needs to be more mainstream to compete with Munich's and Ingolsdat's (sp) finest.
If your so worried about depreciation then hold on to your old SLK.
I don't see the E as dull, but the interior is a let down unless you get it with lighter leathers.
Just wait till the SLK comes out I think it will be great.

Cheers mate.

i will hold out.. im sure it will be a great car, just the styling on both external and internal aspects have become extremely dull.

And more so, the standard option packages, and limited choice of interior colours unless you go for designo makes mercs today, in my opinion not how they were..

lets see!

From what I see, I'm not liking this new one I preffer the previous one.

and I agree with the Boss about the new E c-lass having driven the car twice for 24 hours I much preffer the w211.

hello gents...

I agree the full MB line up leaves me cold, where did Bangle go when he left BMW, just asking. Do not rely on getting decent money when its time to sell it does not work that way, you buy another MB they take your money as much of it as they can get away with.

Have to say the nose looks unimpressive, looks like some late 90s generic Korean design. Devoid of character.

Have to say the nose looks unimpressive, looks like some late 90s generic Korean design. Devoid of character.

In isolation, I agree with you, but in the context of inheriting a little kudos from the SLS, I think it works. Bit like the current car's visual connection with the SLR.

However, I think the rear view above looks particularly sleek. Got a feeling it's not too accurate a rendering, though.

In isolation, I agree with you, but in the context of inheriting a little kudos from the SLS, I think it works. Bit like the current car's visual connection with the SLR.

However, I think the rear view above looks particularly sleek. Got a feeling it's not too accurate a rendering, though.

Agree, the information is sketchy:) Need to look a lot less generic to get me to trade my 171 SLK for that. At least the Boxster S looks like a performance car!

Seeing it in the flesh will help, I hope.

Something like this, perhaps:

Victor-Uribe-Mercedes-Benz-SLK-3-500x276.jpg

Now that certainly is distinctive...

This looks a more suitable successor!

2008-peugeot-608_1600x0w.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom