2012 E Class coupe - leaking roof

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Djcheshire

Car
E250
Hello

I purchased my March 2012 E250 couple with panoramic roof from MB Manchester in July 2015. So, 9 or so months old and covered under their used car warranty for a further 3 months.

The car has been with MB for 11 days due to a leaking and creaking roof. They've done various water test etc and determined that the whole panoramic section needs replacing!

Apparently it's not covered in the warranty however surely the roof, a key structural part of the car, shouldn't be leaking after 4 years?

Anyone had any similar problems?

Should I complain to MB HQ? The dealership are speaking to the supplying dealer however I can't imagine they'll front the cost.

Thanks

Any update on what happened?

I'm looking at a 2010 E-class estate with a panoramic roof, and trying to research whether it's a bargepole feature.

Had the Pano roof on both my coupes, first one was 3 years old when sold , no leaks but did creak on poor surfaces. Current one 21 months no leaks and no creaks. Suspension on current car , 19" wheels, is softer than my previous coupe so could account for the lack of creaks.

Had the Pano roof on both my coupes, first one was 3 years old when sold , no leaks but did creak on poor surfaces.
I'm moving out of a 15-year old Renault, it'll take me a while to recalibrate my creak-ometer.

Anyway - that's what the sound system is for, no?

:D

Mine also creaks occasionally on bumpy roads but no leaks

Holy thread resurrection!

I am seriously losing patience with my 2009 E Class coupe. Not a pano roof, however after washing it just now I’ve noticed drips of water down the windscreen on drivers side (internal) and the headlining is damp!

any ideas? Nothing has been replaced recently.

When you say 'no pano roof', presumably no sunroof at all.

I would have thought that the only possible access points for water would be the windscreen top seal or top of the front window seal. Was it washed with a pressure washer? Assuming that the door was fully closed, are the front windows closing fully as they drop slightly when opening the door.

Roof rack fittings?

Really strange. Didn’t use a pressure washer, there are drips down the middle over the steering wheel…don’t think it would be the window seal! Maybe top seal, which I assume is a windscreen out job.
this car never stops giving!

Perhaps it's had a replacement screen at some time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom