7G Tronic sytem...does that have wheel shifters?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
M mode will hold the gears and not auto change even if you red line the engine (fuel is cut to safegaurd the engine).

M mode will hold the gears and not auto change even if you red line the engine (fuel is cut to safegaurd the engine).

With a diesel engine by that stage you have reved beyond peak power, I find in C mode with full throttle up change occurs @ 3800rpm and in S with full throttle (and by that I mean just before the kick down point) upchange is at 4500rpm. It makes no difference whatsoever reving that bit higher.

Thats where a manual intervention on a paddle changing a c.4000rpm could assist. I would like them, but I can use the function on the selector lever. Its not as if a 220cdi engined E class is a monstrously powerful car that for the brief moment of tapping the selector lever the car will spin out of control.

Agreed ***, these paddles have become a "nice to have" without the "need to have".

Question; don't CDI red line at 4500rpm?

My red line starts @ 4600rpm.

DSC01113.jpg

not quite true in my w211 with 7g and paddle shifters, standard on the 320CDI sport, it is not fully manual and will change up if the car needs to. which is a real shame. I think the AMG versions are full auto though

not quite true in my w211 with 7g and paddle shifters, standard on the 320CDI sport, it is not fully manual and will change up if the car needs to. which is a real shame. I think the AMG versions are full auto though

That's with M mode selcted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom