• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

A quick hello from Devon

WideSam

Car
1994 W202 C220 Sport
Hi all,
Fingers crossed I'll be purchasing my first Mercedes on Sunday! It's a '94 c220 sport manual. It's pretty rough around the edges but absolutely sound mechanically (or so I'm told) but a little bit of cosmetic work should keep me out of trouble.
I have to confess I'm completely new to German cars in general. Having had a Subaru Legacy GTB (mainly in pieces, I might add) for the the past year, and a Saxo as a stop gap in between, I needed something a bit more reliable! A bonus of that is I learnt just what a brilliant place forums can be to answer all my stupid questions; and believe me I have many!

Also, I'm absolutely amazed at how cheap the insurance is on this thing! I got a quote just to see what it would be and its no more expensive than my Saxo!

Welcome Sam.

I'm sure you'll get all your questions answered on here. There are a lot of knowledgeable helpful people.

Picked the car up on Sunday, 100ish mile trip back didn't miss a beat. Then a 400+ mile round trip to Kent yesterday and was absolutely fine. Dare I say, the best car I've owned.
Only 2 niggles, the clutch needs bleeding- my first thought was the slave cylinder but the issue is intermittent so I think there's just a bit of air or old fluid in the system. And the other one was my fault- a tree had come down in the road slightly which I didn't see early enough due to the road and I caught the wing mirror on it, cracked the casing and knocked the glass out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom