A5 v cls

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Darn Audi salesmen!! He actually said the cars were comparable and the Audi was better 'cos it has the hatch! Cheek!! :D I didn't argue, but I have to say, for the money (£30K ish) it's quite a stylish package... though the only "coupe" thing is the frameless doors!

Frameless doors is the one thing I do not like on the CLS.

The A5 is A4 based, its the equivalent of a C class.

The CLS is E class based, a car the class above.

You know an interesting feeling I got when test driving the CLS - - it actually felt like a REALLY WELL MADE Jaguar!! The soul if you like, of a true classic... :)

You know an interesting feeling I got when test driving the CLS - - it actually felt like a REALLY WELL MADE Jaguar!! The soul if you like, of a true classic... :)

The press felt the same, I have never actually driven a Jag though.

Its a more dynamic 211 of sorts, but a sportier more cocooning car. I think you'd enjoy it, probably best in 500 form.

You will not regret it. I luuuuurv my CLS.:bannana:

5 seats? Pah! You'll wish it was only one seat.:thumb:

Mine! ALL MINE! :devil:

Have driven a few A5s they ride very hard. Personally I think they look great especially in S Line trim and are very frugal, the interior fit and finish is definitely a class above the current CLS and residuals appear very strong.

Was a bit disappointed with the A5 Sportback though, whereas the dash is a nice mix of materials and textures, the back seat ambience is very, very uninspiring..could easily be the back of a Golf..

On a more practical level, the CLS used to look like a much more expensive car, but it's been around since '05 and early cars still havent bottomed out at £13k..The A5 has a little more longevity in its shape, but I see at least 100 A4/A5/Sportbacks on my 70 mile commute everyday..

Last year I had a CLS 320 Cdi for a few days, even though it was basic in terms of spec compared to my E-class, it was an absolute joy to drive.

I really wish I could have one, but the need for 5 seats has prevented that.

Go for the CLS... you'll love it.

The press felt the same, I have never actually driven a Jag though.

Its a more dynamic 211 of sorts, but a sportier more cocooning car. I think you'd enjoy it, probably best in 500 form.
Well, the 320cdi I tried was seriously quick and left me not feeling the need to be able to go any faster! Was very impressed with the way such a large car seemed to shrink around me, just as a "coupe" should I guess. Very, very impressive car... :)

By the way C240Sport97, I LOVE the colour of your CLS.... was that a special order?

My beauty freshly washed.

77887.jpg

77876.jpg

:bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana:

By the way C240Sport97, I LOVE the colour of your CLS.... was that a special order?

not ordered by me as am second owner ..

but yes, it's designo mystic blue .. which has been available for more than 10 years (was available on the R129 SL)

Whoops, didn't mean to offend any CLS owners out there, but the interior is essentially from an E and has always invited criticism over materials, fit and finish as compared to Audi.

On the other hand, I do agree it's a class above the A5 to drive...infact it's a phenomenal

My beauty freshly washed.

77887.jpg

77876.jpg

:bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana:

I hate you, really, really do!!!!! LOL!!

By the way, I think I know at least 2 of the cars in your competition... :bannana:

Last edited:
but the interior is essentially from an E and has always invited criticism over materials, fit and finish as compared to Audi.

I think you will find that the CLS interior is quite different from an E class

I only recognised the instrument binnacle and parts of the centre console from my 211, the rest was totally different...

Whoops, didn't mean to offend any CLS owners out there, but the interior is essentially from an E and has always invited criticism over materials, fit and finish as compared to Audi.

On the other hand, I do agree it's a class above the A5 to drive...infact it's a phenomenal

Although the Audi may be well put together, it's interiors are not in the same league as Mercedes.
Even my Dad, who is a big Audi fan and has an A6, admits it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom