Aaaghh.. squeeks and rattles driving me crazy!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
mine doesn't make any noises apart from the steering which squeeks a bit when turning

I get that with my Audi convertible, but it doesn’t bother me too much because it’s almost 22 years old.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The krytox spray can that lets out a fog of krytox from its application tube may be best because often you don't need to pull the car apart to apply the fluid.

It could be you just have a Friday car.
Have a look on ebay for a similar one with similar mileage, go drive it and if it's much better, sell yours and buy it.
If it's the same or worse, accept it for what it is, low profile tyres combined with the crappy third-world roads we have these days. don't get me started on the 4/5 ths of Road Tax that doesn't go to roads.
If you can't bear to sell your particular car, put smaller diameter wheels on with higher profile tyres and put up with the slightly reduced levels of grip.
chances are, you'll still enjoy chucking it around....the G-levels are not so important as the overall handling balance.

Hi,

My 2013 E63 has numerous squeaks and rattles that are driving me crazy, and seem to be very difficult to locate (they sound like they are coming from everywhere!). I have been sensitised to the noises to he extent that it is really starting to spoil my enjoyment of the car. I am desperate to resolve them or I will probably have to get rid of it. I know that sounds a little extreme, but it is very, very annoying.

Front cabin - squeaks from dash in the vicinity of the instrument binacle, steering column shroud and elsewhere in the dash around the glovebox. Also some noises from the centre console and door cards

Rear Cabin - rattle from the rear headlining, squeaks from the rear bench, the rear pillars, rear parcel shelf, possibly rear blind mechanism.

Boot - noise from rear parcel shelf, under the boot liner nr. spare wheel, some strange noise coming from passenger side rear wing.

I guess some noises are to be expected from a firm riding car, but this would be unacceptable in a far less expensive vehicle. My knackered Mk1. Ford focus beater doesnt have a single trim squeek, although it is a much softer riding car.

What can be done? I have a tube of Kryox and unlimited felt tape but am loathe to start pulling everything apart just to reassemble it. Does anyone have experience of chasing down these sorts of noises and resolving them?. I'd really appreciate any advice or tips you have - there is a great car in there somewhere!.

Regards,
Alex
Hi,

My 2013 E63 has numerous squeaks and rattles that are driving me crazy, and seem to be very difficult to locate (they sound like they are coming from everywhere!). I have been sensitised to the noises to he extent that it is really starting to spoil my enjoyment of the car. I am desperate to resolve them or I will probably have to get rid of it. I know that sounds a little extreme, but it is very, very annoying.

Front cabin - squeaks from dash in the vicinity of the instrument binacle, steering column shroud and elsewhere in the dash around the glovebox. Also some noises from the centre console and door cards

Rear Cabin - rattle from the rear headlining, squeaks from the rear bench, the rear pillars, rear parcel shelf, possibly rear blind mechanism.

Boot - noise from rear parcel shelf, under the boot liner nr. spare wheel, some strange noise coming from passenger side rear wing.

I guess some noises are to be expected from a firm riding car, but this would be unacceptable in a far less expensive vehicle. My knackered Mk1. Ford focus beater doesnt have a single trim squeek, although it is a much softer riding car.

What can be done? I have a tube of Kryox and unlimited felt tape but am loathe to start pulling everything apart just to reassemble it. Does anyone have experience of chasing down these sorts of noises and resolving them?. I'd really appreciate any advice or tips you have - there is a great car in there somewhere!.

Regards,
Alex
Hello Alex
I have the same problem and taken car to dealership with no remedy. The dealership says they don’t hear a thing.
The dealership kept it over night. I’m not sure if it was kept indoors or out in the elements. My point is that I am thinking that the car being exposed to the elements is possibly making the squeaking/creaking noises which I hear come from the strut area.
I will try parking it in garage instead of outside under canopy.
Have you found a solution?

sincerely
Alex

i have this with my GLC, it was fine when i bought it but after 300miles i have a squeak from the sunglasses holder :oops:

i thought it was the glasses at first but removed them and it remains

My CLS has only one small rattle, it’s the lid of the centre tunnel bin/was ashtray. It only makes the noise when it’s closed, leave it open and it’s silent. It seems resistant to being solved.

A rattle from the dash bundle on my 2014 w205 was the fuse holder in the end of the dash, took me ages to find it, cured with some felt tape where it clips in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom