• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Acceleration chatter/ticking

Wheelspk

Car
C3
2012 c63 amg 4 door, 73k miles.

i hear this rattle / chattering like a exhaust leakage or diesel engine sound every-time i press the paddle sightly between 1500rpms too 2000rpms higher gears 4th or 5th gear, on load basically.
If i push the car hard then i have no low rpm acceleration chatter.
its annoying me to the point is that all i hear is this sound every-time i drive this thing.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

All exhaust claps are good no leakage, oem header and header gasket replaced, cats replaced with used ones didn't change anything.

I put my car on my friends dyno and drive it slowly trying to simulate the sound so we can see where its coming from and my friend pointed that its coming from the right head near the fire wall, and that is where i hear it as well inside the car driver side .

If someone rev and hold the rpms around 1500 to 2000 rpms i can hear ticking coming from the right side bank as compared to the left bank again near the fire wall, not sure if its the same sound im hear when im driving.

Please help me figure this out.

Hello,

Here is another video i made :

if its possible you can hear where i press the paddle softly and there is a chatter that is coming
( similar to a exhaust leakage) a sharp rattle, goes away when i let off the paddle , this sound is audible around 1500 to 2000 rpms , the intake has already been taken apart check and put back do not anything =(

Have check all exhaust clams, no leakages what so ever , have checked even changed the headers including the header gasket, check the cats ans replaced with another car, the sound still remains,

Its coming from the right bank and can be heard in the driver side (RHD)

Yes ... me . post #2 ??

Have you eliminated a cracked header as the source of the noise ?

Yes i have changed right headers with my mates car including new header gasket change the right side cat as well coz the sound is only coming from the right side , made no difference… i also expected that it was a exhaust/header/cat issue and it would fix the issue if i changed everything, wish it was this simple. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Last edited:
Made another video :

Also revving and near the right fire wall and you can hear a clear ticking tapping sound not sure if thats the same sound in hearing inside the car:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom