• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Rattle/buzzing c63

It is clearer and still very subtle. I don't know if its much louder in person or possibly you are expecting the car to be too quiet?

If its louder than the video in person, then do check the steering colum rubber gaiter at the bottom of the column to ensure its not perished or torn, this will allow engine noise into the cabin.

It is clearer and still very subtle. I don't know if its much louder in person or possibly you are expecting the car to be too quiet?

If its louder than the video in person, then do check the steering colum rubber gaiter at the bottom of the column to ensure its not perished or torn, this will allow engine noise into the cabin.

That was the 1st thing i checked , it sounds like header leakage but there isn’t any 🤦🏽‍♂️
Im so sorry i tried my best to capture the sound as much as i could.

Its just frustrating that i can’t capture it, the eat i could explain is it sounds like a rattling diesel engine every time i give light throttle goes away when i let go.

Its definitely coming from the engine but i don't where i made idle and light throttle video close to the y pipe in parking but im not sure if that is the same rattle coming in this video in my case.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Do keep in mind, the general internet population are going to struggle with just videos. Noises are hard enough to diagnose when you have the car!

Does it make the noise on full throttle?

Maybe my equipment... but I can't hear anything......except the change of engine note as you get on and off the throttle..... :confused:
I made 2 idling videos which may give the rattle im hearing as i give some light throttle, like a sound a diesel engine would make , but im not sure this is the same sound im hearing inside while driving

Do keep in mind, the general internet population are going to struggle with just videos. Noises are hard enough to diagnose when you have the car!

Does it make the noise on full throttle?
Yes true m156 are noisy engines.

No on wot or on heavy throttle past 4000 rpms there isn't any abnormal sound

Car has stock exhaust system.

@alexanderfoti hey i went to a shop today and they suspended that my right bank lifter are making this ticking/ rattling noise.

My cam gear were checked and it had zero play in it so im going to have em check the lifter out.

My car has no idel ticking only when giving throttle around 2000 rpm till 4000rpm is where its most audible

Cam lobs looked smooth from the once i saw maybe cam lobs are fine but not going to find out till they take the cams part.

They told me that since the problem is on the right bank and that i should only have that fixed, with new lifters or cams if needed the left bank has no issue.

What do you think?

@alexanderfoti hey i went to a shop today and they suspended that my right bank lifter are making this ticking/ rattling noise.

My cam gear were checked and it had zero play in it so im going to have em check the lifter out.

My car has no idel ticking only when giving throttle around 2000 rpm till 4000rpm is where its most audible

Cam lobs looked smooth from the once i saw maybe cam lobs are fine but not going to find out till they take the cams part.

They told me that since the problem is on the right bank and that i should only have that fixed, with new lifters or cams if needed the left bank has no issue.

What do you think?
Lifters, cam lobe wear etc is evident at specific RPM regardless of load. Does it make this noise in park as well?

Yes around 2500 rpms i can hear clicking sounds till 4000rpms

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom