Adaptive Highbeam Assist Left or right?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

addbuyer

SUPPORTER
Car
Panamera Turbo S
Guys please help as the Merc manual is cr@p

When driving abroad (on the right hand side of the road) what should the adaptive high beam assist be set on?

The manual tells you how to locate and adjust the setting but what is traffic on the right or left? Is it the side your driving on i.e. The direction of travel or is that traffic coming towards you?

I just can't find the answer and whichever setting I use (left or right) I get the occasional high beam flash from on coming vehicles.

The blanking out of the car in front works perfectly whichever it's set on

In my 2010 E Class (which has ILS & Adaptive main beam) "Right Hand Drive" means "Driving on the right". When I select that ILS becomes inoperable (and I though the adaptive thing too but maybe not.

It's very confusing. I suspect the previous owner was similarly confused as he had it set to "RHD" and hence would have had no ILS.

In my 2010 E Class (which has ILS & Adaptive main beam) "Right Hand Drive" means "Driving on the right". When I select that ILS becomes inoperable (and I though the adaptive thing too but maybe not.

It's very confusing. I suspect the previous owner was similarly confused as he had it set to "RHD" and hence would have had no ILS.

It's all very strange, mine still works when set on either right or left.

Did your manual state right for driving on the right? Mine says nothing hence why I ask if its actual "right for driving on the right" or it means the opposite flow of traffic :dk:

I think the terms used in the instrument cluster are Left-hand Traffic and Right-hand Traffic. This refers to the side of the road that you are driving on, i.e. in the UK you should select Left-hand Traffic, and in continental Europe, you select Right-hand Traffic.

Yes, LH Traffic means driving on the left ie as we do in the UK

Such a poor description in the manual

I've had the same problem, but if you park against the garage wall and select right hand traffic, you can see the left hand headlight dip downwards so as not to dazzle traffic on the left coming towards you & a message about motorway mode & something else not being available.

Selecting left hand traffic shows the left headlight beam rising, to light the left hand verge, and all motorway modes etc now available. So left hand traffic for the UK and right hand traffic for the rest of Europe.

Russ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom