ADBlue / Engine Mgmt & Software Update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thedonkey68

Car
Mercedes E220D
Hi all and apologies in advance if this has been covered several times....

Long story cut short - I recently had the adblue "engine won't start in 400miles" & yellow engine light come on (E220d) and took it to an independent Mercedes garage where I was told to take it back to the dealer and let them sort it out as "they are aware of this issue, especially on this model (2017)" - I did and was charged £144 for them to do a diagnostic check - this resulted in the dealer doing a software update and both messages/lights have now gone.
I'm a little concerned as I was told that this should now fix the issue but should the management light come back on, they would need to dive further into the engine and possible Nox pump replacement - being the car is now 4years old, I asked if this was not under warranty to be told that due to its age, it's not. I proceeded to mention that this was well documented online and that Merc were aware of this issue but was met with a shrug & silence - "hopefully the software update has fixed it".

Has there been anyone else out there that's went through this and upon software update, the car's been fine??, or am I worried over nothing?? I've read several posts on this and again, if I'm honest, not too convinced that this is the problem fixed.

Thanks for reading and any help would be great...

Sell it and buy a petrol engined model then you can stop worrying ( about AdBlue ) 🙄

Hi all and apologies in advance if this has been covered several times....

Long story cut short - I recently had the adblue "engine won't start in 400miles" & yellow engine light come on (E220d) and took it to an independent Mercedes garage where I was told to take it back to the dealer and let them sort it out as "they are aware of this issue, especially on this model (2017)" - I did and was charged £144 for them to do a diagnostic check - this resulted in the dealer doing a software update and both messages/lights have now gone.
I'm a little concerned as I was told that this should now fix the issue but should the management light come back on, they would need to dive further into the engine and possible Nox pump replacement - being the car is now 4years old, I asked if this was not under warranty to be told that due to its age, it's not. I proceeded to mention that this was well documented online and that Merc were aware of this issue but was met with a shrug & silence - "hopefully the software update has fixed it".

Has there been anyone else out there that's went through this and upon software update, the car's been fine??, or am I worried over nothing?? I've read several posts on this and again, if I'm honest, not too convinced that this is the problem fixed.

Thanks for reading and any help would be great...
I am going through the same problem as well. After new software update, engine light show up in next day. After driving a week more, AdBlue light showed up. It is just so much pain. I had verbal fight with the dealer service manager. Poor boy what he could do either? He is constantly fighting to bubbles out of my bank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom