Advice on obd code p200a and p2029

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shshivji

Car
Mercedes C280 avantgarde SE sport package 2006
Morning all!! I have a customer with a CLK200k on a 2003, came in with un even revs from cold start, engine management light was on and the fault codes p200a and p2029 came up, which directed me towards the MAF, I removed the air box and checked the breather pipe that sits underneath and all seemed fine, so replaced the MAF. Car was perfect on first start and drove brilliantly, parked the car up and started it up after a few hours and the above issue came back :-/ Can anyone advise me further?? is there any other common vac/breather pipes that may cause this issue??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Shak

Yes there are multiple reasons on a 271 engine to cause this problem

There is a pipe under the airbox that splits and a pipe under the inlet manifold that has a one way valve on it that often breaks.

Maf's on these cars rarely go wrong.

There is a pipe under the airbox that splits and a pipe under the inlet manifold that has a one way valve on it that often breaks.

Maf's on these cars rarely go wrong.

Thank you very much for your reply, I've checked the pipe under the airbox and that seems fine. The one way valve you mention, do I need to remove the intake manifold to get to it??

Thanks again

Shak

Yes and depending how thin your fingers are, the supercharger needs moving as well

BlackC55 said:
3 hour job too.

Cheers for your help so far! I removed the intake manifold and managed to get to the valve. I removed the small elbow pipe and valve, and found the that it was indeed faulty (i could blow through both ends) managed to get a pipe and valve from my local dealer, fitted it and started her up. Unfortunately the engine revs still fluctuate for around 5 sec when u first start it. I've double checked every pipe again and all seems fine, the new valve is now working as it should too. What else could it be?? Thanks for your replies so far, will have to send you a few drinks to say thanks!

Cheers

Shak

Any other advice guys?? Seriously stuck :-/ does the car require adaption?? I have found some oil in the wiring for the injectors too, i assume thats a fault with the cam sensor, could this be causing some of the issues??

Cheers
Shak

Hello there, i have a 54 plate C230k and I have similar issues at start-up (from cold) and there is a grumble at Idle, the engine feels as if it isnt 'breathing right' and this can be heard when i take the engine oil cap off.
Had the same code from Engine Management Light review, P209.. Was wondering if you guys came to any conclusions? how it was fixed? costing?... thanks.

Did you guys every get this fixed as its now come onto my car

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom