Advice wanted re insuring 2 cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnsco

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E280CDI SPORTS ESTATE and C200 KOMPRESSOR SE Coupe Auto (1.8 lit petrol)
Hi everyone.
I'm wanting to insure two cars in my sole name.

The E280 CDI Sports Estate (2009) ... Business and private use ~ 20k miles pa
The E430 Avant-guard saloon (2002) ... Private use only ~8k miles pa

Over the years, a number of people have suggested Admiral.
Is this still good advice ?

Any other good advice ?

Thanks.
John

I have a multi-car policy with Aviva for a number of years now.

The thing with insurers is that there is no one 'cheap' insurer. For my circumstances, Aviva have always been cheapest, but this does not mean they will be cheapest for you etc.

Additionally, if you can drive 200 miles with a tray full of fresh eggs on your bonnet, you get a nice bonus discount via the Aviva Driving App :)

Last edited:
if you can drive 200 moles with a tray full of fresh eggs on your bonnet, you get a nice bonus discount via the Aviva Driving App :)

The eggs I could just about handle, but 200 moles in my car would freak me.:D

The eggs I could just about handle, but 200 moles in my car would freak me.:D

Typo now corrected :D

markjay said:
I have a multi-car policy with Aviva for a number of years now. The thing with insurers is that there is no one 'cheap' insurer. For my circumstances, Aviva have always been cheapest, but this does not mean they will be cheapest for you etc. Additionally, if you can drive 200 miles with a tray full of fresh eggs on your bonnet, you get a nice bonus discount via the Aviva Driving App :)

I've been tempted to do that app test, but do it within my work vehicle (has a tracker that reads absolutely everything, can't do harsh braking, speed limit of 50 in a 60, 60 in a 70 due to weight etc) are they clever to the fact that they can tell you've done it in a work vehicle in such conditions?

I've been tempted to do that app test, but do it within my work vehicle (has a tracker that reads absolutely everything, can't do harsh braking, speed limit of 50 in a 60, 60 in a 70 due to weight etc) are they clever to the fact that they can tell you've done it in a work vehicle in such conditions?

The App is linked to your email address, that's all.

It's about your driving style, not the car, so as long as you don't cheat and it is indeed you behind the steering wheel, it does not matter which car you drive.

direct line do multi car but if u can get classic multi cover with agreed value a must i can if u look in mercedes gazette many of them advertise, speaking of which why we do not approach one or all to sponsor our club for answering questions

markjay said:
The App is linked to your email address, that's all. It's about your driving style, not the car, so as long as you don't cheat and it is indeed you behind the steering wheel, it does not matter which car you drive.

Thanks. Literally have to drive like a saint in work vehicles so I may see what sort of discount they can do

I have 5 with direct line just insured a 57 t350 transit today with no claims £297 full comp price seems ok

I eventually went with Admiral and managed to trim just over £200 off my two previous renewal quotations on a pretty-much like-for-like basis for the two cars.

[ Get the beer in, John !! ]

Admiral also had a very efficient and coherent web-site followed up by a very-efficient operator who took the payment by card.
At the moment, they don't have a card-payment facility on their site.

Some companies' sites are pretty-dysfunctional at times.

Thanks again for comments.
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom