Aftermarket stereo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Any update? Looking for a unit to replace for W639 but non of the sellers are helpful

Hi, yeah, I ended up buying the sat nav, android stereo that M80 recommended in his link, plugged straight into existing wiring, and screwed straight into dash fixings, no modifications needed, bit more than I was wanting to spend, but its an excellent piece of kit,

What's the maps like or are you using android auto / carplay and did you go for DAB add on?

Looks like a usb plugin device that runs on a separate app is that right?

Is it a bright screen, sometime the screen is difficult to read when the sun hits at a lower angle from the n/s?

To be honest I havent experienced it on a really sunny day, ive tried the maps briefly, seem really good, ive just ordered the DAB aerial the other day, just plugs into a USB cable that comes with the radio, only criticism I have, and to be honest its maybe me, I put a USB stick in filled with my music, and I cant seem to get a list of bands up, like I could on my old car, just a list of songs, but like I say its maybe just me doing it wrong, ill let you know what the DAB is like soon as I get it,

On one app it was swipe from right for songs, from left for bands.

On the app i use now I can back up the 'tree' toward the drive and that gets me to bands.

I've downloaded into the internal memory though, if that makes a difference I don't know.

I have considered playing from my phone via BT, that way I might change the music I have stored.

I'm old! I dont do technology haha 😅, how do I download apps onto it? Do you use your mobile for the WiFi, which app do you use for the music,

The Chinese install the app/s of their choice so I go with that, otherwise it would be off the store and have associated adverts.
I've tried many but I'm just lazy now and work with what they provide. But if you find a good one, that for instance shows the rotating disc for easy recognition, I would be interested.

My unit/s use the house wi fi for downloads / upgrades. Tom Tom for instance uses a lot of data when installing the actual maps.

To download Apps, 1st you need to be on wifi, then go to Play Store like you would your phone.

Otherwise the HU is tethered to my phone, when on the hoof, and that's mainly for live traffic.
Android phone becomes 'Hotspot', create your own code / name, HU sees it as a wi fi network.

As said internal mic is useless on the hoof, with an o/h mic I use 'Hey Google' to text and call, and even Tom Tom has voice recognition software for finding places.

For downloading music + to the internal memory 1st find the 'Music' file within the HU, possibly via 'Files'. Then copy from USB / SD (possibly found in 'Storage') and paste into 'Music'. You should see the 2 pages icon, just plain 'Copy to' for that.
You may find that retitling your albums can be useful to create a better order in the HU, it depends how the HU is set up to deal with them.

It sounds like you have only tapped in to only a part of the functions.

Your right, I havent really tapped into it at all, ill have a right good play tonight on the driveway, so I can connect to my WiFi, see what I can find ,
Thanks
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom