Afternoon all.....newbie here!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MercedesBent

Car
C200 Sport, CBR 600F 06
Just joined.....

got me a luuurvely old 94 C180 with £40K on the clock for a steal.

Perfect nick and drives like a dream.

Virtual beers on me if anyone wants one.

Will be asking loads of questions soon, but to start with, any hints or tips or things to keep a check on with the C180?

For example - when is big service (ie cam belt change etc) as I am clueless on cars!!! :confused:

Also does anyone have a maintenance manual for the C180 or know where I could download one?

Thanks

MB

Last edited:
HAYNES do a manual for your car at about £15 at your local HALFORDS. Gives service details etc. A C180 twin cam motor will have a timing chain so no belt change necessary.
normal service would include brake pads change oil plus filter plus checks. bigger services can include spark plugs fuel filter, autogearbox oil plus filter. brake fluid and antifreeze evaporative petrol tank charcoal filter. Depends on age of car mileage SERVICE HISTORY etc etc

Last edited:
EDIT - Cos its Friday :)

Welcome to the friendliest and most helpful forum I have ever had the pleasure of being on.

I'll have that beer now ;)

Stuart

Last edited:
Welcome indeed. Il have a becks please :)

Stu

Greetings - I'll have a Stella :rock:

Howdy,Ill have a Cafferys please :)

Welcome from the Moderators.

We will have a Bottle of Glenfiddick please. :eek: :D :D

Welcome.

MercedesBent said:
got me a luuurvely old 94 C180 with £40K on the clock for a steal.

If someone left £40K in the car I would have bought it too :D :D

MercedesBent said:
Just joined.....

Will be asking loads of questions soon, but to start with, any hints or tips or things to keep a check on with the C180?

For example - when is big service (ie cam belt change etc) as I am clueless on cars!!! :confused:

If everything works, I wouldn't worry!!. With 40K miles I should hope all is OK. A few more tens of thousands of miles and you might want to check the steering damper and lower ball joints.

You engine is chain driven - no belt so good for a few hundred thousand miles :D

Welcome from one C180 owner to another :bannana:
Manual or Auto?

Another welcome to a new member - and a warm welcome especially if you're in the chair - mine's a LARGE Bombay Sapphire n tonice - please :D

G
If someone left £40K in the car I would have bought it too
LOL - me too! :D

Welcome, n I'll have a flaming lamborghini please! (actually, best save it for later I'm driving in a bit!)

A warm welcome.

Oh........mine's a pint of Murphy's please!

Alex

Welcome. A good choice of car :)

Thanks for the drink, anything will do!

guiness.gif

mercedes lover said:
Welcome from one C180 owner to another :bannana:
Manual or Auto?

Manual mate.

Ideally wanted an auto, but for the price and condition, couldn't say no.

Typical - picked up car sat morning and broke thumb on left hand at rugby sat afternoon so now having great fun putting it into reverse with cast on!!!

Still lovely car, just given full valet and put in CD player and looks dead smart :cool:

Only slight niggle is accellerater pedal a bit notchy and makes pulling away in 1st a bit jerky or revvy.....will have a look at one day, but apart from thet chuffed as chuffed can be with my new mode of transport.

Thanks for all replies and look forward to asking many more banaal questions in the future.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom