Am I odd or have I seen the light?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Re not using mats......bear in mind that factory fitted carpet quality & durability can vary.... Holes can appear & at lower mileage than some might expect.

A dealer is not going to give a toss about any detailing regime at trade in time, just that the car is free of damage and not totally filthy.

However I think you're short-changing yourself on the floor mats, on most cars the mats are usually made of nicer material than the carpet!

Funny story. My dealer hasn't even seen the car at trade in. Thanks to Covid all is done remotely. The first time he saw the car was when I had my keys in hand and he went out to take mileage. Probably depends what make it is. If you buy a Merc and ptx a Merc, maybe they pay more attention. For a brand they don't care about they know car goes to auction anyway so why bother.

He even refused pictures and just asked what the car looks like. Mint, used or trashed.

There is something special driving a nicely cleaned and smelling car than a visually dirty and not so nice smelling car. I need to give the exhaust tips on mine a good going over today, (didn't realize the time). For them to get filthy within hours of cleaning lol. Money and and elbow grease down the drain, suppose so, but looks bliming good while it lasts.
Completely agree... bizarre, but the car is nicer to drive when it isn't a tip!

It is nice to clean a car - I just REALLY suck at it - I got a professional pressure washer, snow foam gun - the works - I just suck and when it comes to drying up - get bored LOL

Nobody interested in this then?

Reactions: 219
There is something special driving a nicely cleaned and smelling car than a visually dirty and not so nice smelling car.

There is something in that albeit placebo I've no doubt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom