AMG A35 Owners Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi guys

has anyone had any issues with rusting on the brake hubs ? I’m approaching 7000 miles cleaned regularly , and the rust build up is terrible. Looks awful.

Hi guys

has anyone had any issues with rusting on the brake hubs ? I’m approaching 7000 miles cleaned regularly , and the rust build up is terrible. Looks awful.

Ye that’s not normal. I’ve done 8k now and mine are like new. What wheel cleaner are you using?

Ye that’s not normal. I’ve done 8k now and mine are like new. What wheel cleaner are you using?

I just take it once a week to a good hand car wash. I spoke to Mercedes about it who told me it’s completely normal and nothing they will do. I understand that its a bare metal and will corrode but this quickly Just seems strange. I guess I will have to take it with some iron wool , but shouldn’t have to on such a new car.

I just take it once a week to a good hand car wash. I spoke to Mercedes about it who told me it’s completely normal and nothing they will do. I understand that its a bare metal and will corrode but this quickly Just seems strange. I guess I will have to take it with some iron wool , but shouldn’t have to on such a new car.

That’s what I thought you might say, you never know what sort of chemicals they use to “clean” the wheels.
It’s not normal, as I said there’s no corrosion on mine but I clean my car myself and I use a PH neutral wheel cleaner.

This is a particular problem with VAG cars, regardless of what products are used. I only wash the car myself and use very good PH neutral products and it still happens.

Use a product called POR-15 to paint the hubs, it will sort out the problem. I would still refrain from using these wash places unless you know exactly what they are using as most are using products that will remove the dirt in the shortest amount of time and are not usually concerned with the long term impact of using such cleaning products.

:D:D:p:D
21-C588-C5-6-BD8-42-FB-BF85-1-B6957-BBD86-E.jpg

Get yourself down to Halfrauds for a tub of Maguires EG :D

To be fair to MB rusty disc carriers is not unique to them, virtually all new cars are the same, I had a Golf R that wasn’t much different to that after 1000 miles. A tin of Hammerite smooth silver, some cheap half inch paint brushes and a few spare hours works wonders :thumb:

To be fair to MB rusty disc carriers is not unique to them, virtually all new cars are the same, I had a Golf R that wasn’t much different to that after 1000 miles. A tin of Hammerite smooth silver, some cheap half inch paint brushes and a few spare hours works wonders :thumb:

yes a bit of elbow grease will sort it I’m sure! Car still looks perfect other than the rust ! It’s a lease and don’t want the company on my back over it when I hand it back.

Is it possible to get hot air to come through the central vents when you have it set to auto? It comes through the two outer ones but not the 3 central ones. Yes I have opened them.
I can get it to come through if I divert it manually but then I don't have auto temperature. Am I missing something?

The Auto program doesn't put hot air out of those vents because it creates a stuffy feeling in the air you breathe. You get a more comfortable result from applying heat on the outers. If you disagree then adjust manually.

The Auto program doesn't put hot air out of those vents because it creates a stuffy feeling in the air you breathe. You get a more comfortable result from applying heat on the outers. If you disagree then adjust manually.

So the auto system can make the outer vents "not make it feel stuffy" but not the centre ones?
You should work for Merc customer services- they come out with nonsense like that regularly.

"I want to turn off the lane assist permanently"
"you can't because it's a safety feature"
"So how come I can turn it off at all if it's there for safety?"

Well aren't you a happy chappy. :)

Air from the outer vents doesn't tend to end up in your face as much...

Before my C63 I had a string of BMWs and they all had a control on the centre vents that could independently make them hotter or colder than the general air stream. Setting the cabin to say 22 degrees it would be just right in overall temperature but especially on cold days it would be too stuffy in your face. Adjusting that control to slightly cooler than the rest gave you the same overall temperature comfort but with 'fresher' air to breathe.

In short, it works.

I could make all sorts of assumptions about who you are and your background but I won't. Perhaps you could extend some basic courtesy to other forum members too. ;)

Last edited:
The Auto program directs the hotter air to the vents lower down at your feet etc as warm air rises. It's not pleasant having hot air in your face. If you really want it then adjust it manually like I said.

Clearly you have no sort of engineering understanding. Air from the outer vents tends to travel around the outer edges of the car's interior and helps some warm air reach the back of the car where there are less vents.

I did an engineering degree which included some fluid dynamics, yourself...?

Here are several examples including other manufacturers doing the same thing:

No air (heat) coming from center vents but it is coming out of the side vents. - AudiWorld Forums
Center air vents not working unless the center air vent button is pressed?
Almost no warm air from the central vent in auto mode - MBWorld.org Forums

Do you really think hundreds of engineers all programmed their Auto Climate Control like that if it doesn't work!

Last edited:
The Auto program directs the hotter air to the vents lower down at your feet etc as warm air rises. It's not pleasant having hot air in your face. If you really want it then adjust it manually like I said.

Clearly you have no sort of engineering understanding. Air from the outer vents tends to travel around the outer edges of the car's interior and helps some warm air reach the back of the car where there are less vents.

I did an engineering degree which included some fluid dynamics, yourself...?

How did you manage it with your head so far up your own ****?

Anyway, I don't have a degree but I build race engines.

Thank you for your help.

It is you who has the hang up chump.

I offered a pleasant (and correct) explanation and then you decided to get all aggressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom