AMG A35 Owners Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi - guys. Do any of you have the 19” wheels fitted and if so do you have any issues with stone chips / road rash on the lower panels. I have the A45 and they are well known for road rash. I’ve just ordered a pair of carbonwurks guards for the front to see what difference they make. Just wondered if you guys had the same issues ?

I only covered about 5k in my A35 before I got rid of it, but in that time it had picked up a number of stone chips. The paint seemed to very soft, my car was sun yellow.

Hi first post here, been looking at the A35 it looks absolute amazing. Congrats and jealous to all the owners here.
Just wondering if anyone know if they’ll make any changes to the 2020 productions? Like maybe let us option on the steering wheel controls for drive mode.

Hi first post here, been looking at the A35 it looks absolute amazing. Congrats and jealous to all the owners here.
Just wondering if anyone know if they’ll make any changes to the 2020 productions? Like maybe let us option on the steering wheel controls for drive mode.

Mercedes would need to fix all the issues with the A35 before they add anything else to it, at this point it would just be something else to go faulty on them.

Mercedes would need to fix all the issues with the A35 before they add anything else to it, at this point it would just be something else to go faulty on them.
Have to agree with this.
Ah well only 2 years 14 weeks and I can give it back.

Have to agree with this.
Ah well only 2 years 14 weeks and I can give it back.

Fortunately I managed to get MB to reject mine, this was a curse in itself as it meant I had to hastily look for a replacement which meant I probably rushed into a purchase of what was available rather than what I really wanted.

I like the car I have now, I just don't love it. Roll on 2 years and I will definitely only end up in a car I love, I certainly won't be making anymore car decisions based on a 20-30 minute test drive with a salesman sitting beside me. I will be taking a 24 hour test drive, if the dealer doesn't offer this that car will be taken off the potentials list.

Hey Chris if you hate a35 s so much why hang around just slagging them off all the time. I know several owners including myself , all of which love them. Go back to your golf site and sing it’s praises there as I could not car less about boy racer golfs as they are just driven by chavs it seems.

Hey Chris if you hate a35 s so much why hang around just slagging them off all the time. I know several owners including myself , all of which love them. Go back to your golf site and sing it’s praises there as I could not car less about boy racer golfs as they are just driven by chavs it seems.
HAHAHA now that did make me LOL

Stating facts about something is not slagging it off.

And stereotyping that every Golf driver is a chav is like saying every MB driver is boring and/or a pensioner. Although thinking about it now, every time I was in the MB dealership I did have to check I hadn't called into a retirement home by mistake.

Now, Chris I understand you retaliating and don't blame you, but you are now putting all Mercedes owners in the same boat, when only one of our members slagged you off. And your more then welcome to stay, we like all
cars, Mercs more so obviously but generally all motors. Unfortunately you had a bad experience with your A35, just unlucky I suppose. :)

6CE1C871-E1BC-4E12-A9F0-00DE10E703CD.jpeg

Now, Chris I understand you retaliating and don't blame you, but you are now putting all Mercedes owners in the same boat, when only one of our members slagged you off. And your more then welcome to stay, we like all
cars, Mercs more so obviously but generally all motors. Unfortunately you had a bad experience with your A35, just unlucky I suppose. :)

Fair enough, I would like to highlight that even though my comments have been negative they have been purely about my experience with the A35 and the MB dealership I dealt with.

Never did I feel the need to personalize anything, I'm sure many folks are enjoying their A35. However I know the issues I experienced were not isolated and a number of other folks had the same problems and worse.

And to say Golf drivers are all Chav's, MB must want Chav's then as the A35 is very directly aimed at Golf R drivers.

Hi everyone, I’m brand new here and this is my first post.

I’m seriously considering an A35 as my next car: I’ve had three Golf GTIs and feel an R (great though it is), is the same again, even though the R is far quicker.

So I’m really keen to know what your experience of the A35 is. I’m sure I’ll be very happy if I end up buying one. But I’ve read that the standard Artico seats can tear and that some cars rattle!

Can you tell me if the seat thing is an issue?

Are there any other minuses that you’ve had with your car?

Thanks for reading.

Peter

My partner has one so I am a passenger. It's a firm ride but you know that anyway, it's expected. It doesn't rattle at all. The seats in his are the alcantara ones. No issues. He loves it. No problems at all. It sounds nice but not boy racer. He's probably the oldest a35 driver haha.
I think the other guy (Chris) was very unlucky with his. He doesn't have the big rear spoiler, personally we think that's very ott and boy racer.

My partner has one so I am a passenger. It's a firm ride but you know that anyway, it's expected. It doesn't rattle at all. The seats in his are the alcantara ones. No issues. He loves it. No problems at all. It sounds nice but not boy racer. He's probably the oldest a35 driver haha.
I think the other guy (Chris) was very unlucky with his. He doesn't have the big rear spoiler, personally we think that's very ott and boy racer.

Thanks for the info!

I’m not having the spoiler either. Looks mad, but I’m not a boy racer. I’m a chav in a Golf!

I’m seriously considering an A35 as my next car: I’ve had three Golf GTIs and feel an R (great though it is), is the same again, even though the R is far quicker.

So I’m really keen to know what your experience of the A35 is. I’m sure I’ll be very happy if I end up buying one. But I’ve read that the standard Artico seats can tear and that some cars rattle!

Thanks for reading.

Peter

Hi, I had an R for 3 years and changed it for the A35, best decision I made. Although the R is a great car I never loved it, always felt something was missing, but I love the A35.
I know some people have had issues with them but you get that with every brand of new car unfortunately. Mine has been faultless. I do have the adaptive dampers though which i’d highly recommend.

Thanks for reading.

Peter

Hi,

We have had our A35 for a couple of months now and we love it. Our other car is a 2018 Golf R (with tuning box installed). If I have the choice I always take A35 out. Interior is fantastic place to be compared to golf. It’s slightly worse then R on fuel but not by much, may improve now it’s run in. The seats aren’t quite as supportive as the R seats. Gearbox is nicer in A35. Sounds better (when sport+). Ours has premium pack and smartphone which I am more than happy with.

in short you won’t be disappointed.

Hi,

We have had our A35 for a couple of months now and we love it. Our other car is a 2018 Golf R (with tuning box installed). If I have the choice I always take A35 out. Interior is fantastic place to be compared to golf. It’s slightly worse then R on fuel but not by much, may improve now it’s run in. The seats aren’t quite as supportive as the R seats. Gearbox is nicer in A35. Sounds better (when sport+). Ours has premium pack and smartphone which I am more than happy with.

in short you won’t be disappointed.

Thanks! [emoji846]

If its going to be your daily I would definitely recommend the adaptive dampers, the passive setup is way too firm for most roads if its a car you are using to commute etc.

Personally I think the A35 needed the Aero pack, without it the car just looks like every bog standard A200 you see 50 times a day.

If its going to be your daily I would definitely recommend the adaptive dampers, the passive setup is way too firm for most roads if its a car you are using to commute etc.

Personally I think the A35 needed the Aero pack, without it the car just looks like every bog standard A200 you see 50 times a day.

Correct about the suspension. It’s is firmer than our R but I don’t find it too firm. Much less roll in the body than the R.

As for the aero pack, I do like the look of the A35 with it on but think it’s a little over the top on a car like the A35. I like the understated looks and given they are getting stolen for fun round here, I like the fact it looks like an a200.... my mate took the pi$$ when it got saying exactly the same ha ha. Looks like an a200 but goes like stink

Correct about the suspension. It’s is firmer than our R but I don’t find it too firm. Much less roll in the body than the R.

As for the aero pack, I do like the look of the A35 with it on but think it’s a little over the top on a car like the A35. I like the understated looks and given they are getting stolen for fun round here, I like the fact it looks like an a200.... my mate took the pi$$ when it got saying exactly the same ha ha. Looks like an a200 but goes like stink

Different requirements for different folks I suppose, for me I want the car to look different from the standard model. I went for the GTI TCR for that reason, from its design it is quite clearly a performance model and something over and above the standard GTI or even R, and this is even obvious to a "non"car person. The same stands for the A35 with the Aero Pack, everyone knows its not a standard model just on its looks.

My TCR has DCC, with this it can be a comfortable or as firm as you need it to be. This is what the A35 with the passive setup was missing, particularly for someone who uses it everyday, the passive suspension is just too firm on most roads. 80% of the time my TCR is on the comfort/normal setting, but its a totally different car on the sport setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom