amg split rim!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

psa

Car
W126, 348GTS, w126, w124, 190e 2.5 16
amg original split rim. 18in found on a 96 sl.
one wheel is buckled and have been told cant be repaired. where can a buy just the outer part of the rim for a rear wheel and also the split rim bolts. been told by mb complete wheels for sale only! who are the manufactuers of the wheels?
one last thing where can a get custom wheel bolts from? larger than standard needed.

thks!

Originally posted by psa

one last thing where can a get custom wheel bolts from? larger than standard needed.

thks!
You can try Select Auto Supply's in Coventry. Tel 02476 465845. I phoned them last week for some bolts Just over a pound each. Received them the following morning.

cheers ian, what do you think about the wheel? will i have to buy a new one?

I personally wouldnt like to missmatch two halves of a split rim. Could lead to all sorts of trouble. But that is only my opinion. Others here may just prove me wrong.

If its an original wheel, you may be surprised by the response from your local stealership. It would make things easier if you had the chassis # off the 96SL they came off but even without it, I would be surprised if MB couldnt find the part # on the microfische.

was told by my local dealers they were only available as a complete wheel?
thks 4 the responce.

What was the price for a complete wheel? Sometimes MB alloys are sold at very reasonable rates.

Are you sure it can't be repaired?

There's a similiar thread here from a few weeks ago with some links to some wheel refurb folks - one of whom was highly recommended to me.

K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom