An Xmas do

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A big thank you to Pammy :):), and it was nice to meet her two lovely children that any parent could be proud of in her beautifully kept house.

A big thank you too for the other members that made the event possible :):)

Harrorgate is a very nice town, with an amazing night life, I am still intrigued by a night club called "Beds" you can go in and have a bed steak, a bed hamburger, if you meet someone nice go can have the meal in bed with that person.

The journey home was like some I never want to talk about again. I left at 9am, and arrived home at 6.30pm after the 300 mile trek , there was a bad accident on every junction of the M62 and M6 the worst one at M5 where the M42 turns off, we did not move for 3 hours, and I got my first coffee break after sitting in the car for 5h 54mins.

I would not have missed the meet for anything, so thank you all you wonderful people :):)

:bannana: A top night! Great venue, better company!

Pammy - thanks for organising it, you star!

Looking forward to the next get together and seeing the crazy gang again.

You are all very very welcome - was great to meet you guys and to click so as well :D

A big thank you to Pammy :):), and it was nice to meet her two lovely children that any parent could be proud of in her beautifully kept house.

A big thank you too for the other members that made the event possible :):)
The journey home was like some I never want to talk about again. I left at 9am, and arrived home at 6.30pm after the 300 mile trek , there was a bad accident on every junction of the M62 and M6 the worst one at M5 where the M42 turns off, we did not move for 3 hours, and I got my first coffee break after sitting in the car for 5h 54mins.

I would not have missed the meet for anything, so thank you all you wonderful people :):)

Thank you for your very kind words Malcolm - much appreciated.

Glad you found Harrogate and Knaresborough so nice and welcoming. I'm going to have to check out this Beds place though :devil:

Just a shame you had such a lousy journey home. But at least you are home safe and sound. Phew!!

Apologies for turning up late - I had completely forgotten that we had changed the time from 19:00 to 18:00, so I actually thought I had done rather well to arrive at 18:24. :eek:

(I am trying to work out how best to make arrangements to be late for my own funeral...)

Ray - I thought [POST=353354]you were going to have a go at the 72oz challenge[/POST]. What happened? :)

OMG what a faux pas - see if anyone else can spot it :eek:
Pammy - we're blokes. We don't notice that kind of thing! :rolleyes: But I suppose you'll be asking Santa for a new necklace now... ;)

Seriously, though - thank you very much for booking the restaurant and for your post-meal hospitality (and for the pre-meal, too, which I'm sure would have been equally good, had I managed to get there before you left.)

And thanks as always to everybody else for coming along. I've just been working out how far some people travelled - amazing.

Merry Christmas! :bannana:

I have to say it's that people clearly have so much fun and enjoy these events that make them worth organising. They can be a pain to set up at times - but well worth every moment.

You are all very very welcome - was great to meet you guys and to click so as well :D

Glad you found Harrogate and Knaresborough so nice and welcoming. I'm going to have to check out this Beds place though :devil:

That sounds like a mission!!:devil: :D

Last edited:
Now I've got some time to myself, and yes it really is 4:30am, I'll also like to thank Pammy for organising this. Nice to meet some new faces and some old ones too. In some cases VERY old ones. :D
You have to admire the mileage some people put on to be there

And Brian, I didn't do the 72oz because although I was OK in practice at lunchtime it doesn't come with chips, or a dessert.

Anyone heard from Scumbag? Has he got lost in his (stutters) skoda? :eek:

Anyone heard from Scumbag? Has he got lost in his (stutters) skoda? :eek:

He posted last week saying he would be away from a computer until after the new year now. (Post #383 of this thread;))

Last edited:
I was txting him yesterday - he's fine ;)

Pammy it is people like yourself and all the other people that attended your GTG that make this the BEST FORUM.

Well done and i wish all the Members a Very Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year.

sounds like everyone had a great time, . The MB club hospitality was as prevalent as ever and thats the best thing about this fine group of people.

outside (in Toronto, Canada) its Knee deep in snow & inside we have a log fire burning (never had one before)

and Pammy, I spotted the faux pas as well - I've got one just like it :eek:

Ray.... I'm dissapointed you didnt make the 72oz challange but there is also next time ;)

Really sorry we couldnt attend

Merry Christmas to all :bannana:

sounds like everyone had a great time, . The MB club hospitality was as prevalent as ever and thats the best thing about this fine group of people.

outside (in Toronto, Canada) its Knee deep in snow & inside we have a log fire burning (never had one before)

and Pammy, I spotted the faux pas as well - I've got one just like it :eek:

Ray.... I'm dissapointed you didnt make the 72oz challange but there is also next time ;)

Really sorry we couldnt attend

Merry Christmas to all :bannana:

Lol - great to hear from you Steve - you guys were missed!! And not even remotely interested in knee deep snow and log fires. Anyone would think it was Christmas or something :devil:

Sounds wonderful and so glad you're having a good time.

(ps - you'll have to let me know what else you've got in your costume jewellery collection then - would never do for us both to wear the same one at any given time):devil:

i could have a lead-lined carry case made for him so the tracker would be U.S.:devil: pop him out for a quick photo op and then back into the dark with him!!!

i do have an evil side

i could have a lead-lined carry case made for him so the tracker would be U.S.:devil: pop him out for a quick photo op and then back into the dark with him!!!

i do have an evil side

:eek: :eek: :eek: No more playing with my iPod for you!!

i do have an evil side[/quote]

Indeed ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom