Another legend dies - RIP Ronnie Corbett

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bob6600

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AUDI S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
Aged 85 surrounded by his family

RIP

I know he had a very long career with so many memorable moments. But every time I hear his name I always think of him in Peter Kay's Amarillo comic relief video. Remember he took a stumble off the treadmill? Peter Kay & Parky were in stitches.

RIP lil Ronnie. Your talent will be missed.

Ant.

RIP

Ce4A6MJW4AIQYjS.jpg

RiP to Ronnie.

Wonder what my Mum and Dad thought as people they had know all their lives off the TV and other media starting popping off.

Such a sad loss, yet another amazing talent i grew up with sadly gone

Had the pleasure of meeting and chatting to both Ronnies - at different times:

30 odd years ago at Barker's Emporium in Chipping Norton. (At the time I didn't know he was the proprietor so I got a bit of a shock when he appeared beside me and blethered away!) A modest man with no side.

...and Corbett a dozen or so years ago when he appeared at Skippers Bistro in sunny Leith, then run by his brother Alan. (A favourite haunt of mine at the time.) RC was certainly more outgoing with a theatrical air but nonetheless a great guy.

Owned a Merc S class.
Loved his monologues. Adjust glasses on one side "So the produuucer says Ronnie ducky"
RIP.

Yes! :):)

I'd be really interested to hear [honestly] what the younger people on here think of this; silly and outdated or still funny, maybe on a scale of 1 - 10....?

The only UK citizen to have a full length passport photo..... His words not mine

saturday night watching the 2 ronnies with my parents = a better world

Will we miss any of his modern counterparts as much.....

Will we miss any of his modern counterparts as much.....

I don't think so. But TBH I think it's a generation thing. The comedians our younger generation are watching now will be missed when the time comes I'm sure.

Our daughter adores the current comedians. When she is my age and one of them passes away she'll have the same great memories of watching them with her mum and dad just like you have with yours.

Hope that made sense. :dk:

Ant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom