Any good breakers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just wondered who you spoke to there Bloodmoon, and are you following me, I was there Friday too lol. The Boss Man (Steve I think) is a waste of time. The Guy to talk to is the Skinny Youngster who wanders out of the garage when you drive up, press him into looking. I did to good effect. He took me on a walk around of the Upper scrap park, some good bits up there if you look. Spoke with Boss Man too, he says that he no longer wants to do interior bits as there are so many different types.

Yup, the big boss was the first person I spoke to. I handed him my centre panel and saying something like "Ah, its a damn coupe isn't it? Wait here." He disappeared into the main offices.

About 5 mins or so, a younger guy with blonde hair came down and remembered me from the previous week. He then asked me what I wanted, and I said that I would like a replacement centre panel, just like the one he was holding in his hands (mine).

So, a further 5 or 10 mins went by and a different guy came over and asked the same question "err, what do you want again?". To which I said "Various pieces of 124 coupe interior, starting with that piece you are holding in your hand (he now had it)."

He told me there was nothing in stock for the 124, and proceded to show me a battered 190E Cosworth interior, a mangled C estate and some unrecognisable 124 saloon. I told him that the trim in the coupe was nothing like what I had just seen, so went home - ever so slightly frustrated.

Other than Dronsfields, the only other option is to buy from Mercedes (or brand new from A.N.Other). I think I will speak to Mercedesperformance in due course, but the interior is not going to be cheap.

--
Antony

Dronsfields is an option, one I would stear clear of for personal reasons. I am off to look in a scrap yard in Rishton tomorrow morning (have heard that he has an Unspecified Merc there). Will keep you informed of what I find.

Spike,

I guess you have tried using MB Dealer??? I know you got the trim off another car, but if u get the chassis no of that one, then i cant see it being that difficult or expensive??

Originally posted by jaymanek
I guess you have tried using MB Dealer??? I know you got the trim off another car, but if u get the chassis no of that one, then i cant see it being that difficult or expensive??
for a lot of parts you could use the VIN from Bloodmoon's car, which has walnut throughout.

Originally posted by Shude
for a lot of parts you could use the VIN from Bloodmoon's car, which has walnut throughout.

Yup, no problems there :)

--
Antony

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom