Anyone a member of Which? Legal?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr. shr

MB Enthusiast
Has anyone here used the services of Which? Legal?
They are doing a half price deal at the moment and I'm having some problems with a local company so was thinking of giving it a go.

Can anyone here comment on whether it's a good service or not?

Thanks,
shr.

Can't comment on Which, but does your household insurance have a legal expenses add on? Many do.

I'd also check whether they cover retrospective / after the event claims, as your issue is already ongoing.

Unlikely to be included in my policy as I usually untick the box in order to save a fiver on the premium!
But definitely worth checking.

If I do have it, what's the usual procedure? Go to your usual solicitor and then have ins company pay the bill? Or do Ins company arrange it all with their own guys?

If you have it as an add-on to your household policy, there will be a number to ring. If not, pop and see your broker and they will give it you. Depending on the quality of the product, you could be appointed a local solicitor, but costs will need to be authorised first (but... my guessing, is that by 'unticking boxes', you bought online, cos it was nice and cheap?).

If you declined it from either your broker or an online click-and-hope operation, then you paid yer money and took yer choice.

Would your action fall within the Small Claims Court threshold? If so, you could follow that option without solicitors fees.

Different Ins Cos work in different ways. Some have a general assessment unit to assess merits and then point you towards an approved solicitor/counsel. Some will on acceptance, allow you to choose your own legal avenue. Some in fact deal with it all with their own in-house team until they think litigation is required.

hth.

Small claims is an option (used them once before, surprisingly easy and I won.)
But before I go down the small claims route I need to know legally what rights I actually have.

And thats where a quick email to a lawyer (via which? Legal) might be useful.

The company owner I'm having trouble with is supposed to be calling me tomorrow so depending on how that goes will determine my next step.

(Prob better off just posting my prob on here.
All sorts of valuable knowledge on this forum.) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom