Anyone fancy joining the mbclubuk hillclimbing team?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
anyone going anywhere near manchester? I have got a pair of nice light fibreglass wings from a bloke on ebay - but hes struggling to find a courier to send them via who wont charge a silly fortune.

so - can anyone pick them up and drop them off anywhere near me? (watford or slough)

Thanks

Guy

yay - fibreglass wings have arrived.. in watford. just off to pick them up.

For those interested - but have no mechanical ability - dont worry - theres plenty of jobs that need doing that need no mechanical ability whatsoever - such as scrubbing down bits of suspension and painting with hammerite / rustproofer. with the wings off, its all easy to get to.....

dirty - but satisfying as the results are very immidiate..

Glad to here things are going well mate!
Hope you get some guys around to give you some help/support and a reason to get your bum to the garage. Have to tip my hat big time to Mr Walker who has and is helping me in so many ways!

lotusmark2 said:
Have to tip my hat big time to Mr Walker who has and is helping me in so many ways!

Flattery will get you anywhere :eek: :eek:

lotusmark2 said:
Have to tip my hat big time to Mr Walker who has and is helping me in so many ways!

I see from your sig you are in Wigan??
I am not a million miles away in Atherton.

I have quite a bit of free time on my hands if I could help.
Not very mechanically minded but I can lift reasonably heavy weights ;)

Plodd said:
I see from your sig you are in Wigan??
I am not a million miles away in Atherton.

I have quite a bit of free time on my hands if I could help.
Not very mechanically minded but I can lift reasonably heavy weights ;)
I mate, help always welcome.
I have a lockup in Standish where I keep the car and where we work most weekends.
I dont want to hijack Guy's thread (I have a thread in events "hillclimb events")
If you want more info drop me an email at [email protected].
Cheers
Mark

um - just thought about somthing that i take for granted about myself... I like teaching people things..

I'm a pretty competant mechanic... so if anyone wished to learn (for exaple) how to take off / replace / fix a brake caliper - i'd show them.. :)

the nice thing is:-
a) its not your car... :devil:
b) if you break it - i have several spares :crazy:
c) its not going anywhere so if you break it / cant do it / it takes much longer - it doesnt matter... :eek:

should i change the thread title to - who wants to learn how old cars are put together, and then rag the hell out of it up a hill? :rock:

been wondering about a change of direction...

As I cant drive for toffee, and the GF who was going to drive this thign has left me (and got married to someone else! :rolleyes: )

I like drag racing... :devil:

What about shoving the biggest merc engine I can find - 6.3? 6.9? into the engine bay and doing run-what-ya-brung events?

6.3 (M100)= 250 HP 369 Ft Lbs of torque

6.9 (M100) = 286 hp and 405 ftLbs of torque

5.0 (M119) = 310? and 340? ft lbs

anyone got a rusty 450 sel 6.9 they dont want?

advantages-
no rules on what i can and cant do. as long as its road legal, its fine.

less chance of trashing it by losing it on a corner

dont need a race licence

im only racing myself / the clock

v little skill required in driving (6.9 needs an auto box)

Disadvantages
lots of tyres needed..

heavy front subframe cant be lightened really

um...

Last edited:
hillclimbing is not really a merc's game (not trying to slate it by anymeans) but the chasis/shell is very heavy comparitive to what you'd be racing...

That said, with a bit of thought as to what category to enter, you could end up with a good chance in events, a friend of mine races a standard 205 gti, and it's normally between him and one other competitor on who wins on the day, modifying too far would take you into some classes with some really awkward cars, spaceframes/single seaters etc,

how bout doing a trackday car that is road legal? that would be pretty good fun, and not totally bank breaking, their armoured anyways lol, cage etc is your call, perspex is an idea but not required, just breaks and a solid engine :)

I'm pretty sure I have a spare NOS kit lying around :) - we can put that on (on loan) for a test with the current setup and see how it goes

Lots of weight can be removed if you try hard enough..........

And I'm no slouch up the 1/4 mile either ;)

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom