• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Anyone in South West need a cheap hack.

Will that stop radar speed traps working on it..??;)

Stealth Wagon.

I seriously miss my old 300TE, it was a great car for what I needed when I was moving lots of rubbish. Cost me just over £100 for the few months that I had it, that included using up the MOT and tax that was remaining on it.

Proper workhorses :cool:

Will

Bro's got one, might just insure myself on his! :D 2 mercs for the price of one, brilliant! :D

I'd suggest that whoever did the MoT advisories didn't have a clue what they were talking about

"REAR SHOCKS DAMPING,BUT HARD IN OPERATION"

There are no rear shocks as such on the back of the car only hydraulic struts connected to the self levelling system.

If the suspension is hard in operation the hydraulic spheres are very probably knackered and that means it's no bargain

backed up by the sellers own words

"ALSO IT SEEMS VERY BOUNCY AT THE BACK WHEN DRIVING,IM GUESSING THATS WHAT THE ADVISORY ON THE MOT WAS ALL ABOUT!."

RUN AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :D

Andy

I'd suggest that whoever did the MoT advisories didn't have a clue what they were talking about

"REAR SHOCKS DAMPING,BUT HARD IN OPERATION"

There are no rear shocks as such on the back of the car only hydraulic struts connected to the self levelling system.

If the suspension is hard in operation the hydraulic spheres are very probably knackered and that means it's no bargain

backed up by the sellers own words

"ALSO IT SEEMS VERY BOUNCY AT THE BACK WHEN DRIVING,IM GUESSING THATS WHAT THE ADVISORY ON THE MOT WAS ALL ABOUT!."

RUN AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :D

Andy

Thank you for shattering my dreams and brining me back to my senses

Have you been drinking?

You must be a mind reader....
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=410349&postcount=38

needs new exhaust, brake pipes, disks, pads and suspension spheres just for starters.

The interior's knackered, the central locking doesn't work it's rusty and grey.

Andy

But it's got 8 months MOt and it runs. At only £75 thats a go-er.

It doesn't need brake pipes, they have surface corrosion, a clean and waxoyl and they will be Ok.
Possible pads and disks and if you want to rear spheres, forget the central locking if it's more than a split pipe or diaphragm, which it won't be.

That just leaves the exhaust.

Well that's just general motoring.

I thought that about the brake pipes on the rear of mine just before it's last MoT and so did the tester - as a favour he wiped them down and one came away in his hand :eek:

with the knackered spheres the ride is incredibly uncomfortable and hard so you are looking at spending a couple of hundred to put those right yourself

Add on discs and pads - even cheap ones are going to cost about £100 it starts getting expensive and that's before you've looked at the exhaust or the central locking (if that's a vacuum failure isn't that tied into the gearchange mechanism in some way?)

There are bargains around in these old estates but I don't think that is one of them

Sorry to shatter your dreams Malcolm but hopefully I've saved you a few quid as well

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom