Autolead mute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
Finally got round to installing this - it works with the phone but now the Audio 50 is always on mute (and says Mute in display) except during a call when it displays the radio channel wavelength but no music! :crazy:

Can't see anyway I could have plugged something in the wrong way round as it all seems "keyed"

Any ideas?

If the radio does not mute during a call and still no music from the speakers, does the phone conversation then get through to the speakers correctly?

Sounds like if the HU mute line was inverted but I cannot see how that could be the case, unless the mute line gets inverted by the Autolead device. No reason why it would do that. The mute drive from the car kit is of open collector type, it actively grounds the mute wire but not the reverse, allowing multiple similar lines being connected in parallel (any one active mutes the radio).

I cannot think of anything else than measuring with a multimeter how the mute line is connected from the car kit control line to the relay and the head unit.

Since the device was supposed to be compatible with the car kit you had, it really should have been plug and play. Or is anyone aware of a head unit with reversed mute line polarity?

If the radio does not mute during a call and still no music from the speakers, does the phone conversation then get through to the speakers correctly?

Sounds like if the HU mute line was inverted but I cannot see how that could be the case, unless the mute line gets inverted by the Autolead device. No reason why it would do that. The mute drive from the car kit is of open collector type, it actively grounds the mute wire but not the reverse, allowing multiple similar lines being connected in parallel (any one active mutes the radio).

I cannot think of anything else than measuring with a multimeter how the mute line is connected from the car kit control line to the relay and the head unit.

Since the device was supposed to be compatible with the car kit you had, it really should have been plug and play. Or is anyone aware of a head unit with reversed mute line polarity?

Phone conversation works very well!

Most puzzled - will contact Autoleads tomorrow. At least I can now play music from my phone via the speakers. LOL

All sorted now (and Autoleads have a fantastic Customer Service department! I mailed the MD to say so as good service is rarely acknowledged nowadays)

I had caused the problem by shorting the stereo with autolead mute wire, thus blowing the autolead mute relay. They shipped me a new one (no charge!) and I can now hear my stereo again.

Thanks goodness - was missing Manuel and the Music of the Mountains.... (who remembers that? lol) :bannana:

I had caused the problem by shorting the stereo with autolead mute wire, thus blowing the autolead mute relay. They shipped me a new one (no charge!) and I can now hear my stereo again.
not surprised
Thanks goodness - was missing Manuel and the Music of the Mountains.... (who remembers that? lol)who ?:bannana:
:D :D :devil: :devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom