baby gone to kitty heaven

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

purplegoddess

Car
89' 190e (Leo)
i had to have my 12yr old cat put to sleep last night:( he had been missing for about 6 weeks a neighbour found him in their shed ,where he had a massive stroke,caused by age,no food and water,kindest thing was to send him to kitty heaven:(

so please if you go in your shed please check for any animals not just cats:(

Aww no. Sorry to hear that purple :( I'll definatly be checking my garage.

:(

My parents are going to put a catflap on the garage side-door but one that only opens as an exit as a neighbour's cat keeps sneaking in there and then gets locked in for the night!

That's sad but at least now he is in the land where the milk runs free and the tuna and chicken wings are a pleanty.

Our moggie has been lost in the loft? and at present having the house rewired she was under the floors.

The do become part of your life, but 12 years is good and remember the happy times :)

Sorry to hear this - never fun when this happens, even when you've done the best thing for them

We had George for about the same period of time - he hung on while we were away on holiday and died the day after we came back....kids wanted to know why Dad was crying...

Vowed we weren't going to have another, but couldn't survive the dark winter nights without a cat sitting on my lap so Sam arrived (Norwegian Forest).

Never understood the attraction with dogs (just don't get it) but seemed to be tuned into cats...

We also had a cat called Brabus......

luckily we have 2 other cats just moggys called gribley or affectinatly known as council kid (always dirty and been in the wars)and a big ginger tom called g.t also have a staffy dog,giant african land snails and fish,so dont think we will need a replacement for him anytime soon

Aaw - I'm sorry to hear that Naomi. Always sad when we lose a much loved pet.

We used to have cats and one of ours was always getting into stupid places - eg - under the floor boards when rewiring and yes - only found out after we heard him meowing etc when all the floor boards were back down :rolleyes: . He would go missing for days and once went and just never came back. Will never know what happend to him and he was the softest most stupid cat I have ever known.

Sorry to hear of your loss. Thumper our cat is 18 this year the old boy is slowing up, mind you so would i if i ever got that old. but still a purring his head off.

sorry to hear about your loss, our 10 year old persian has a list of ailments inc Arthritus, heart murmur, high blood pressure, and now a tumor which is being biopsied, hes still happy and not in any visible pain, so he lives on.. but one day im sure we will have to make that diffucult decision...

Hi Naomi.

Sorry to learn of your loss, having accepted several older siamese into out home & lost them , we are able to appreciate the way you feel.

This poem was sent to Mrs Dave & I when our Taro left us.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Dave & Eve

sorry to hear you unhappy news:( regards jon

Very sad to hear, and it's always sad to lose a much loved pet, more like a member of the family. I'm sure he had a great 12 years though.
Our cat went missing for about 4 days which is unusual for her, turns out she had got locked in the pub shed/garage, nearly bit our hand off when we went to feed her, poor thing, all ok now though. :)

Sorry to hear your bad news.

My old cat is 24 or 25 & still in pretty good shape. She can't last forever though so we know it's going to be bad news one of these days.

Such sad news Naomi, so sorry to hear:( . I'm going to have to do around 150 notes today as Bertie, our 3 year old black and white puss has gone missing:( .

Not had much luck with cats, all black and white but all have had exceptionally good and happy (if short for some). Just have the very naughty, lovable but cheeky Mog left (think this is why Bertie has left home). I really miss him and want him to come home. I spend time standing outside calling him, to no avail.

I do hope he hasn't crossed Rainbow Bridge yet (still wiping away tears from reading that - really lovely but being a sentimental softie......)

Naomi,

I share your grief, so have a big hug from me. It's never good when this happens. We lost one of our cats, Mercury, to a blood clot last year. He was 14 and we'd had him since he was a 3-month old kitten. Fortunately we have piccies and many happy memories of the "big fella" and his half-brother Freddie is still with us.

@ Dave R re Rainbow Bridge. Read it twice now and have cried both times. It's purrfect!!

Sorry to hear of your loss, my cats 19 now and we just seem to be waiting, don't get me wrong, he is in good health for his age, one tablet a day for his over active thyroid, eats well,very fussy as all cats are, but he is really past his sell by date.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom