Back in a Merc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moonloops

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W204 C350 CDI AMG Sport
Just bought a low mileage C350 CDI AMG Sport saloon.

Not sure what the AMG bit refers to, but most likely the AMG floor mats :D

Usual top service from Mercland, it was the first time I bought a car from them, but a pal of mine has bought several in the past.

So today we went from Milton Keynes to Nuneaton, back to MK, then on to two locations in London Village - (Southbank and the City) before heading back to MK. No dramas, warp 10 on the M1 and still averaged 38 MPG on the whole trip even with London roads in the mix. The torque makes overtaking quite fun..

I instantly fell in with the "standard" merc controls, being able to indicate, wash the screen and set cruise control without "RTFM".

Only thing that needs adjusting is the windscreen washers, they seem to be set lower than the abilities of the english soccerball team ;)

Very smart , I'm not a fan of the new model. Recently had a 350 CLS for the weekend , it was "fun", so much torque.

Washers on these are terrible I think, well, on mine they are

They wipe too slow when I really need them, and too fast when I don't need them!

Very smart , I'm not a fan of the new model. Recently had a 350 CLS for the weekend , it was "fun", so much torque.

Indeed, this is a nice car, the new C and in particular the CLA are just plain ugly.

moonloops said:
Just read on the "other" forum that the washer jets can't be adjusted ?? WTF

Washers are fine I more meant the wiper speed

Now I'm thinking about it though the washers on mine do have some pressure on them, sounds like I'm in a car wash when I hit the screen wash stalk, lol

Washers are fine I more meant the wiper speed

Now I'm thinking about it though the washers on mine do have some pressure on them, sounds like I'm in a car wash when I hit the screen wash stalk, lol

Cool. I think a hammer and screwdriver may be a substitute for the tool :fail

Considering that the C350 is now becoming a rarity due to no more being made, that is a rare find.

Does anyone else here think that Mercedes has shot themselves in the foot by dropping the 3.0 litre diesel from their C class line up?

Even the CLS is now offered with the 2.1 litre engine, badged CLS220.

I have a standard mapped 3.0 litre diesel. I wonder how much more powerful the remapped version would be?

As for AMG, while you get the nice mats, you also get the sport style body kit. Compare an SE to an AMG line and you'll see that the styling is completely different. You also get a stiffer suspension.

Considering that the C350 is now becoming a rarity due to no more being made, that is a rare find.

Does anyone else here think that Mercedes has shot themselves in the foot by dropping the 3.0 litre diesel from their C class line up?

Even the CLS is now offered with the 2.1 litre engine, badged CLS220.

I have a standard mapped 3.0 litre diesel. I wonder how much more powerful the remapped version would be?

As for AMG, while you get the nice mats, you also get the sport style body kit. Compare an SE to an AMG line and you'll see that the styling is completely different. You also get a stiffer suspension.

Remapped c350 usually ends up around the 300bhp and 500ft/lb area. I always thought a c350 was fairly rare beast anyway[emoji848]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom