• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Battery flat, how do I get in the boot of my W140?

Lugy

Car
W140 S320
My battery is flat in my 320, the car was locked using the fob thus the boot is locked and the key does not work in the lock. I can get in the cabin no problem.

I need in the boot to get to the battery and to get the compressor out.

Suggestions please! My best one so far is to use my booster pack on the starter motor lead.

When I bought mine, my AA friend told me to use the key in the boot every now and again because otherwise they jam up, and then when you get a flat battery you're in a world of hurt.

Sorry to be of no help whatsoever but absent better advice from the more informed denizens of this 'ere board, might want to start considering your Rescue Service of choice.

I don't think it's ever been used! It's never moved in the time I've had it and I'm not risking one of my keys!

Calling the RAC is my last option, I'd need to tow it 1/4 mile away from the house :o

Jump leads -- get under the car---- positive jump lead-- connect to the large supply cable stud on the starter solenoid/motor. negative jump lead ----connect to any good body earth---maybe engine earth strap?? you should now have 12v power.

Last edited:
Erm, flaw here, my battery booster is dead and my jump leads are in the boot of the S class :o:o:o

I can get the key to turn in the boot lock but it's as though a lever is missing, it just spins merrily :(.

Any other suggestions? If only it was a manual :(

Sweet, I'm off to try that!

EDIT- Still doesn't solve the problem of no jumpleads though :o, I'll see if I can liberate a set!

I'm in! :D:D:D:D

If I told you what I used to transfer the power I'd have to kill you.

i powered a 12v oil pump in my garage via a screwdriver poked into my towbar electrics before now because my bit of spare wire i had wasnt long enough to reach :D worked a treat.

Oh, I wasn't that naughty, I just used mulitmeter leads :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom