Being very lazy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

verytalldave

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C200K Cubanite
OK.........I know I could find out how to do this by trawling through the handbook...........but.........I am being lazy.........
So.......

How do I change the time setting on the clock on my 2004 W203 C200K?

I have lived being an hour out since the clocks went forward a while back, but I am now getting fed up and would like it to be correct.
I am hoping its simply a matter of pressing a few buttons etc.
Thanks in advance from a very lazy owner..................;)

why not just leave it? they are about to go forward again very shortly :)

why not just leave it? they are about to go forward again very shortly :)

That was an option I considered............honest. :eek:

However, its also a little out as well, so it does need correction.:crazy:

If it wasnt for that, I would probably have left it ! ! ! ! ! ! ! :D

its just off the steering controls... ignition on, car must be stood still... then you can change it by going into the settings..

OK.........I know I could find out how to do this by trawling through the handbook...........but.........I am being lazy.........
So.......

How do I change the time setting on the clock on my 2004 W203 C200K?

I have lived being an hour out since the clocks went forward a while back, but I am now getting fed up and would like it to be correct.
I am hoping its simply a matter of pressing a few buttons etc.
Thanks in advance from a very lazy owner..................;)

Our W203 and W220 always seems to update themselves for the BST/GMT change, think this may be a COMAND feature?

Ha! Still haven't worked out how to change the clock on mine. Will probably leave it until the clocks change. Am a little worried I will end up arriving an hour late everywhere since I automatically compensate for the hour!!

Certainly a Comand thing on the 230 you have the option of an auto clock set

:D Neat feature, quite like that. I know that other cars / stereo systems can be set to pick up the time through the Radio using an RDS feature.

Our W203 and W220 always seems to update themselves for the BST/GMT change, think this may be a COMAND feature?

Its possible mine should update the clock automatically for BST/GMT when required. However I suspect the date set is incorrect therefore this function will not work properly. I will check it soon. Thanks to all who have responded.

Its possible mine should update the clock automatically for BST/GMT when required. However I suspect the date set is incorrect therefore this function will not work properly. I will check it soon. Thanks to all who have responded.

Interesting point about the date,,if that is not set then that could be a reason,,though I know a guy with 210 and no Comand who clock is always correct

I have a W203 with COMAND and it doesn't update automatically. I change the time manually in COMAND and that updates the cluster.

I have a W203 with COMAND and it doesn't update automatically. I change the time manually in COMAND and that updates the cluster.
Is that intentional though? COMAND gets the time and date from GPS, because AFAIK that's how GPS works :) .

That said I'm now wondering if COMAND copes with daylight saving. I'm sure it does...

Is that intentional though? COMAND gets the time and date from GPS, because AFAIK that's how GPS works :) .

That said I'm now wondering if COMAND copes with daylight saving. I'm sure it does...

It does, probably as all of the disc are zoned

Nope, mine doesn't.

It does maintain the set time exactly (to the pips) so there's obviously some checking in there but it won't adjust for the hour change - last time I left it for a few days to see if it would sort itself out, but it didn't.

My W202 has 2 handy buttons to press for changing the time.
My W124 has 1 little knob to twiddle.
So much for progress.
Les

Nope, mine doesn't.

It does maintain the set time exactly (to the pips) so there's obviously some checking in there but it won't adjust for the hour change - last time I left it for a few days to see if it would sort itself out, but it didn't.

Is that with latest discs? Although UK hasn't changed summer time dates anywhere recently? I've never checked if there is a setting that allows automatic summer time changes. In the US they changed the start date and cars updated the clock according to the old info. A map update fixed it.

My W221 updates from/to summer time automatically. I consider this progress from my W124 times.

So are you saying that providing COMAND is switched on and you drive across different time zones within your disks area, the time will change on your display accordingly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom