• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Benz On The Green 2023 on the 13th of May

If I hadn’t been in a customer’s GT I’d have been in my w205 C63. I was surprised not to see any at all. At my birthday gathering in February we had 5 of them turn up and only 1 w204 C63. It would have been 6, but my pal had to go to the hospital that morning for the unexpected arrival of his first child.

Now an then i see a fair few C63 w203 and coupes, i can say they are very popular with young consumers who are attracted to the tech, tuning & performance capability. It's a bit cramped though for large family use and the boot space is tiny too 🙂

I must admit I was surprised to see so few 204 C63s in the pics. A few years back there would have been half a dozen at least? :)

The chap that was there in the wheelchair. He also owns another 5 AMG's. And no none are stock

Many thanks Olly, Pauline, Jack and Josh, who kindly gave the S-Class the once over. A Great ☀️☀️☀️ BOTG GTG as usual, lots of old faces and lots of new ones as well.

Its a tenner CASH on the gate to enter the field. No Tenner, no entry.

Bring some cash for the raffle. We have some great prizes and we hope to raise lots for Cancer Research UK. A fair few on this forum have suffered with cancer and some we have lost too. Only this year we saw the passing of Ringway and he always showed his face at BOTG.

At the workshop there will be people there to park you up. They have decided to dig the road up near the workshop this week so its a bit chaotic atm.

Hi All,

I hope everyone enjoyed their time at BOTG this weekend. Big Un sent me some pictures and a video earlier today. Some really smart looking motors on display and all topped-off with a bit of sunshine too. I know my Dad would have loved to have been there, catching up with you all.

I just wanted to say 'thank you' from us 'Ringways' for choosing Cancer Research UK for this year's charity. It means a lot to us, as it will to many others affected too. It's nice to know that my Dad remains in your thoughts and a part of this forum.

Cheers, Les

Some epic cars (and photos) there
Thanks for all those. Some gorgeous interlopers in the mix

I was down in Le Man's with 120,000 motor bike mad frenchmen (and women) watching the Moto GP which thankfully was great and worthwhile, else I'd be extra, extra gutted to have missed this

Will catch up at Beaulieu

So lovely to see you all on Saturday and what a great turnout. I just wanted to say A HUGE thank you to you lovely lot - we've managed to raise a fantastic £1744 so far for Cancer Research. I'm going to leave the just giving page open for a little longer as some of you were keen to donate but didn't have any cash on Saturday.

If you would like to donate, please follow the link below.
Best wishes
Pauline

Thinking about the cars on show yesterday, I was a little surprised to see only one 204 C63 on show (plus a C63BS and my shed).
In the past, the car park was full of C63's, not any more. Are the dynamics changing?

Also, not one 205 C class, let alone in 63 guise. Surely they aren't that unloved.
Apart from the older classic models, this year seemed full of SL's, E63's and S classes.
Anyway, just thinking aloud . It was a great turnout and many thanks to Olly and Pauline for arranging this annual event.
Glad there was no 205 c63, saved my eyes from bleeding.

So lovely to see you all on Saturday and what a great turnout. I just wanted to say A HUGE thank you to you lovely lot - we've managed to raise a fantastic £1744 so far for Cancer Research. I'm going to leave the just giving page open for a little longer as some of you were keen to donate but didn't have any cash on Saturday.

If you would like to donate, please follow the link below.
Best wishes
Pauline

You just got a little closer to the target ;)

Well done Ollie, Pauline and team. Sorry I couldn’t be there this time, but I’m looking forward to the next!

Thanks to the PCS team for another top day, lovely selection or cars, great people (new and old) and of course great hosts. Thanks for choosing mine as the cleanest car, chuffed! there were many worthy candidates out there.

roll on to the next one!

Nice to see folks trying their luck -the value doesn't really mean much to me as it will never be sold.

View attachment 141079
Back in 2010, went to see a Skyline GTR34 V Spec2, which at that time were going for sub £28k -£38k. Should have got a few then and put in storage, look at what they go for now. One regretful mistake made 😭😭

In the Blue Peter tradition, Here's one I made earlier....about 31 years earlier......

View attachment 140900
Unfortunately, I experienced my first ever road side recovery and my first in over 60,000 miles of XJ220 motoring on my way down on Friday.
The 999 reg on the car means that it has had a number of experiences with the emergency services (read the info sheet attached!) but this was a first for both of us needing roadside recovery.
I'm reasonably sure it has suffered a Bosch high pressure fuel pump failure in its 31 year old system. Trouble with this modern stuff, it's just not built to last.....

Sorry to have missed the gig, and I hope you will all be able to see one of these very rare beasts very soon.
It was actually the best example of a 220 I have driven in the 100 miles I did do, but it did mean an enforced overnight stay in a rather good pub, with excellent food.
It could have been much worse.:rolleyes:
After some investigation, it has been discovered that a fuel lift pump had gone down deep inside the racing type fuel cell of the XJ220.
Whilst the collector pot was filled adequately with more than half a tank of fuel, once it dropped below that there was trouble. If you added the heat component and the failed lift pump it displayed all the symptoms of lack of fuel high pressure into the injectors. To confuse the matter further, car had only 1/4 of a tank of fuel when I collected it and was running fine.....:dk:
Which means, if I had fuelled the car every 100 miles, I could have quite easily made BOTG and returned safely:wallbash:
But that was not obvious at the time! Every day is a school day....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom