Benz On The Green 5th of May 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all, Olly here.

Just popped into worlk do do a few things and have a read of the forum.

Thank you all for making the effort to attend. It was a great show and I really enjoyed speaking to some of you. I wish that I could have got round to everyone.
Thank you to the PCS staff especially Natacha and Pauline.

The cars were just stunning as usual an you are all so kind in your compliments of the event.

Roll on next year.....

Congratulations Dash on winning that Amazing Trophy !! ;) Seriously though Dash,your car is a credit to you especially as it is your daily drive, Keep polishing, the trophy i mean :)

Thanks Peter and yes they’ll get polished
Just a shame that only the Trophy gets to be inside though :D

Not many more reddened faces than Ringway aka Lobster. :D

If you think his face was red at the event Dave, you should have seen it when they gave him a Vindaloo instead of the Madras he ordered... I'm surprised he didn't set off the sprinkler system.:D:D:D:D

Just in to work today and have had a read through all of your lovely comments.

What can I say apart from WOW! I am so so pleased that you all enjoyed the day. This event would NOT be what it is without the lovely, friendly people that attend so thank YOU for all being so wonderful and thankyou for trusting us to give you an enjoyable day out. It always feels a very welcoming atmosphere and that is largely down to the people that attend. Many people travelled from far and wide, we really appreciate the support and we know the charities do too.

Huge thankyou to the guys that were still around at the end of the day and helped clear down. Many hands make light work and it was certainly the quickest clear down yet! Somehow we still didn't manage to leave the pub until 10.30pm...but I cant blame that on the event, just the fruity cider! I would really like to just say a huge thankyou to Nick and Honor here as well, two of our many behind the scenes heroes. Nick and his partner Honor, travel two hours to BOTG every year, to set up (with their own marquees), help all day and then they drive home again. Nick has been behind some incredible auction star prizes in the last few years too (Red Bull F1 tour, Base Performance day and this years Silverstone tickets with garage tour). Honor is the lovely lady that you would find painting your kids faces! She is fab!

A big thankyou to Andy, Alyson and the rest of Dereks family who were able to attend and Alyson for the beautiful necklace and earrings that I'm sure Bruce's lovely wife will treasure. To Ray, you did a fabulous job up there saying a few words about Derek, we are so pleased that you did this. Well done also to Andy for picking that amazing car for the Druk award, VERY well deserved. so well done also to the owner.

Every year, we get more and more weird and wonderful cars for Benz On the Green and I have to admit that my favourite was the W126. I have a soft spot for modified cars and this was right up my street. And I know it is a marmite car but the sparkly one... Sorry but I love it!! *running and hiding*

Anyway...rambling on now. As soon as I know how much we raised I will post it up.

xx

Natacha

Ahh go on then... few pics.

BOTG1.jpg

If anyone has any good photos of the winner cars, I would really appreciate it if you could email them too me on [email protected]. I thought I had taken some good ones but apparently not!! So Dash's 124, the black 114 and the burgundy 126. I hope I have all of those car numbers correct!

We have two prizes left over from BOTG that I have very kindly been allowed to auction on here, Please go to Mercedes Benz AMG 63 driving experiences for Charity Auction on here
to find out more! I will copy and paste the blurb to here too:

'Here We have 2 x AMG 63 driving experiences that didnt arrive in time for Benz on The Green!

Admin have very kindly allowed me to auction them on here to raise some extra money for the Williams Syndorme Foundation so here we are.

They will be 2 SEPARATE lots and we will start them at £100 each. These cost £215 each if you were to buy from MB world so please dig deep and lets raise a little more for this wonderful charity.
Once these are sold we can tot up the total raised at Benz On The Green. Paypal by PayPal or cash only.

The auction will run until 2pm this Friday, the 25th of May.'

DO NOT BID ON THIS POST. ONLY ON THE THREAD IN GENERAL DISCUSSION.

Ok so after issues with Paypal that are now resolved, we can finally announce the total raised!!

It was an amazing £3189.85 for The Williams Sydrome Foundation.
Fantastic effort from all involved and a huge thankyou to those who contributed to that total, wether it be putting your hand in your pockets or donating a prize.
What a fantastic amount, we are thrilled!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom