Best polish/cleaning stuff for black paint

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Charles Morgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes 250CE W114, Alfa Romeo GT Coupe 3.2 V6
I am picking up a lovely black Citroen XM which needs a little bit of TLC to bring the lustre back. Are there any products that work particularly well with black paint?

Use a proper polish first, then apply wax or a sealant. Alternatively get Franklin to polish the damn thing before collection.

If you want it super shiny, contact Vince, elsewhere...;)

I've tried various waxes and glazes that purport to be especially for black paint. None were as good as my favourite combo of Carlack 68 and Collinite 915.
As Will says, get the paint professionally polished first.

Use a proper polish first, then apply wax or a sealant. Alternatively get Franklin to polish the damn thing before collection.

If you want it super shiny, contact Vince, elsewhere...;)

I want to sneak up on Little Horwood with all the necessary cosmetics sorted sotto voce...

That and I want to do a water run off test...

Just discovered Vince. Looks just the man for the job!

Here's the black beauty. Some TLC will really do great things.

xmout_zps5063c267.jpg

It's threads like these that make me regret having 18 months left on my lease deal.

Nice car Charles.

Will - you could come and see this and other XMs and CXs (plus the odd SM on the day I don't bring the XM) at Little Horwood near Bletchley (not a million miles from you) on the 6&7th September and then spend the next 17 months thinking about what stunning cars they are to drive...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom